introducing your snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cwebb

Reaction score
I get kind of tired of explaining to each person that comes to my house for the first time, what my snake is, where is he from, what does he eat, why did you get him, can i touch it if you keep its head away, how big does it grow (SIX TO TEN FEET?! WHERE ARE YOU GONNA PUT IT WHEN ITS THAT SIZE?! WILL YOU KEEP IT?!) nah idiot ill get rid of it *rolls eyes*. why is it in a tub? Shouldnt it be in a tank?

Etc. etc. so tonight, i told my flatmates dads boyfriend , that my bredli was a rare expensive python from africa, that was very illegal and he musnt.tell anybody. i also told him that he was venomous. his face when i.picked him up was claaasssiiiiiiiccc

does anyone else do this or am i just a disgrace to the herping world hahahhaahahah

Haha that's awesome funny!! I've never done but am defs going to now :p

Now I can't wait for a clueless visitor haha

HAHAHAHA Yeah I do that with my Black headed python, they just have such a venomous snake look about them! classic! I also let my snake roam around in my backyard and when I know someone is having a party, i'll leave him out keeping a close eye than act like I don't own him and go all croc hunter

That is funny, but make sure you don't make up to much untruthful things, giving our snakes and pythons even more of feared reputation.

lol that's pretty funny.
I love telling people about them though. It's really awesome when you show them to someone who has never seen or touched one before and seeing how their attitude changes when they realise reptiles aren't the scary monsters they thought they were.

When I have a friend coming over or a noobie that wants to check out the collection but is scared of snakes- I prep their arrival by throwing a rubber snake into one of the tanks- when they come over i tell them its a very rare Taipan - the most venemous snake in the world; I reach in and pick it up, then make it wiggle, faster and faster until I scream as though I cant control it and then toss it towards the poor visitor. Let's just say it seperates the wheat from the chaff.

i normaly get a snake out , unless the snakes have been not long fed .
if the croc is hungry he allways makes them crap themselfs , they kneel /bend down and look into the croc tank then BAM the croc comes flying out of the vines and charges them .
then i get the where are u going to put that when it gets bigger ? i say to them ill let him roam free , who needs a watchdog :lol::lol:

Last edited:
You are a disgrace! :p Nah, along similar lines, after my neighbour found out i have a snake, every morning for the next fortnight i had her at the fence asking if Matilda has escaped :rolleyes: she then proceeds to beg me that if she should ever escape i let her know immediately as she doesnt want to wake up to a snake around her throat cause 'they are really ugly' :evil: well NOONE calls my girl ugly, so i told her that if she should ever escape, she should not panic cause her a** is too big for my girl anyway! :lol: She had also referred to her as 'yucky' previously........at which point i told her my kids are sometimes yucky also, so at least i have a way to dispose of them........(I WAS KIDDING PEOPLE!) Well anyway, my neighbour now doesnt talk to me :shock:

Awww see now she's primed for a big rubber snake in her letter box. !!!!!!

DO IT DO IT

Oooh dont even tempt me! :lol: It would be freaking hilarious to see her smashing her letterbox to pieces for a rubber snake!

I get kind of tired of explaining to each person that comes to my house for the first time, what my snake is, where is he from, what does he eat, why did you get him, can i touch it if you keep its head away, how big does it grow (SIX TO TEN FEET?! WHERE ARE YOU GONNA PUT IT WHEN ITS THAT SIZE?! WILL YOU KEEP IT?!) nah idiot ill get rid of it *rolls eyes*. why is it in a tub? Shouldnt it be in a tank?

Etc. etc. so tonight, i told my flatmates dads boyfriend , that my bredli was a rare expensive python from africa, that was very illegal and he musnt.tell anybody. i also told him that he was venomous. his face when i.picked him up was claaasssiiiiiiiccc

does anyone else do this or am i just a disgrace to the herping world hahahhaahahah

I don't know if mr Dickyknee on here still does them, but he use to make little cards for reptiles that you can stick in front of enclosures full of info for specific species. Might be worth sending him a PM if your really sick and tired of explaining.

I have a 3.8 meter olive python and I tell all the neighbours he is a Taipan and eats stray dogs and cats - never been a break in at my place and no neighbours dogs ever come in my yard for some reason :twisted:

I don't know if mr Dickyknee on here still does them, but he use to make little cards for reptiles that you can stick in front of enclosures full of info for specific species. Might be worth sending him a PM if your really sick and tired of explaining.

I'd have no problem working out a deal for anyone wanting cards designed up for their enclosure- Maybe a little map, Scientific Name, Common name, short paragraph and a photo of an adult ? PM me if anyone is interested.

OMG!!!! Bel711 that is a classic!!!

Do you people realise its Friday? By the time she gets home this arvo i may just have enough liquid in my system to actually do this! APS has some bad peer pressure you know! :lol:

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT.

Unless you're scared.

PS- VIDEO CLIP or it didn't happen !

Last edited:
Scared? :? Of?? I was just talking to the hubby though, & he has aked me to ask her for warning immediately the next time she is headed for the pool......cause hubby said that scares him! :lol: But seriously, i really like her house, & seeing as though she did say let her know IMMEDIATELY......i wonder if a 2am wake up call/warning that Matilda has escaped will be enough to make her move? I will just say that she was last seen heading over the fence looking very hungry........

Oh & there WILL be video footage for sure if her letterbox ends up in pieces........it'll probably make the news when she gets carted off in the back of an ambo & me in cuffs! :lol:

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA Yeah I do that with my Black headed python, they just have such a venomous snake look about them! classic! I also let my snake roam around in my backyard and when I know someone is having a party, i'll leave him out keeping a close eye than act like I don't own him and go all croc hunter

HAHAHAHAH i love it. if i didnt put so many pics of my snake on fb, id so the same haha. but everyone knows i have a snake :(

unless its someone i can completely trust, i don't bring keiko out...that and all my animals are shy. Keiko my stimmie will find the nearest entrance to my shirt, Yoda panics and hides under my arm and Norbet is to young to bring out yet...

I dont like to scare people with my snakes.

However have taken Moosenoos's advice and left an old skin near where the smokers congregate at work. Keeps them on there toe's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back