Irresponsible pet owner -HELP ASAP!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
REPORT HIM TO RSPCA OR RING QUEENSLAND PARKS AND WILDLIFE AND DO IT ASAP .......he doesnt deserve to own a snake ...

he also i might add needs his licence revoked kaput taken away never to be given back that is why you need to report this

My 2 cents worth ..... Four simple steps....

Take photos of the conditions + size of the enclosure ... (for proof)
Take snake to RSPCA .
Smash ensclosure.
Tell friend to F off.

Reading that makes me sick.
Do not sit around and let that happen to any animal.

Oddly enough his snake escaped the same day that I rang the rspca for advice. I then took his old enclosure. My flatmate does not want to get another snake again, realising he doesn't have the time for pets. And frankly if the snake comes back I won't be mentioning it to him.

well it is a good ending that your mate wont get another, however it is annoying that the snake couldnt get treatment before it had left.
oh well lets hope its having a better life then what it did with your flatmate!

Nat ;)

WHAT A LOAD OF CROC!!! how conveniant it escaped as you made enquiries, yet was kept for years in a disturbing and cruel enviroment (according to you ).......what ever has been done with this snake I hope it was done with empathy for the animal and the correct husbandry will be effectively done .......some of the people may have been taken in with your story but it doesnt wash with me

I never said he had been kept like that for years. Out of concern the rest of us had been cleaning his enclosure ourselves in the past, I was pointing out that I was sick of our flatmates behavior and wanted advice about a more permanent solution. And people on this site were really helpful with their advice.
It was unfortunate for the snake for a little while, but the issue has passed and he is much better off. I'm not sure why you think I'd make up what happened to the snake in the end? That doesn't make sense.

So your saying that on top of the poor thing having to put up with living like that for so long it's now lost/escaped? ...Where in your home? Are you planning to look for him or just leave him lost :shock: I don't think the rspca would be very impressed with any of that... Some people shouldn't own any animals imo! Poor snake :(

Are you planning to look for him or just leave him lost :shock: I don't think the rspca would be very impressed with any of that... Some people shouldn't own any animals imo! Poor snake :(

Of course he looked for the snake. But if I ever spot him I won't be handing him over to my flatmate I'd ring someone to come and relocate him.
Sev should be ok, he was wild born and there are PLENTY of rats around here. Nothing more can be done at this point.
I agree, some people shouldn't own animals.

Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back