is anyone one else straight edge on here?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mhmm that'd be me. I don't like the taste of alcohol, I don't smoke, I've never set foot in a club... don't take recreational drugs and never will. I am however on one prescription medication.

i must say, i am greatful for the maturity of ppl on this thread.. i thought about telling my story since the thread opened yesterday, it wasnty an easy thing to do admitting my past life, i thought long & hard about putting this out there on a public forum were im trying to built a good reputation for selling pythons, but took a chance only so others could learn from my experience, in my day it was cool to be a junkie(or so the ppl i hung around told me).. good to see ppl are better educated on the matter, big thumbs up to those who took this as serious as it is.. ive had alot of friends die(some in front of me)...dont let this happen to you... cheers Tony

i admire your strength and will, big thumbs for you tony!! ialso thought about my story on a public fourm aswell, but i wanted to tell it truthfully. so i did.. im not worried about people knowing i use medijuana for pain releif. because i can now get on with life 90% pain free. ive been running a succesfull business with my father since 05... and while im here i just wanted to clarify my use of hard drugs.. cocaine,xtc,speed. i didnt go down the ice or opiates road thankfully.. and also thumbs up for all the other success storys out there.. stay strong people...peace! :)

straight edge people make me laugh.
they all have the xxx inked in places so you can see it like hands and neck.
i love a beer but dont have it tattoed on me, the straight edge seen was huge when i was 18 but 10 years on i have heard most of them smoke and drink now....... sooo straight edge ay.
they are just like born again christians... preach it louder than normal religious people who have there belief's and keep it to themselves.

Yea I started off with Karate, moved on to Muay Thai once I got my black belt. Then I used to teach at my local dojo before moving back to Australia. I just train my younger sibling and his friends now.. keeps them outta trouble. My smaller size always made me a target when I was younger (I'm only 5'6), so learnt to fight and got pretty good at it.. but when I started to enjoy it was when I realised I was getting out of hand.. but yea.. all in the past now! I don't fight in tournaments or anything anymore.. I just train myself and teach the kids.

I did Muay Thai for years as a younger man.... I never went into the ring despite being told for years I should. Me and my best mate weren't in it to be prize fighters. Towards the last couple of years we just got passed from one instructor to the other of different styles (it was a big gym, tae, shoot, brazillian jiu, judo, karate, sambo, boxing even win chun was there) good sparing practice with the other styles, except for boxing OUCH.... There was one thing that our muay thai instructor always said to us that resonated with me and my best mate. "Boys since you won't go in the ring and your excuse for doing this is not to be beaten up in a pub... which there's no chance of at your skills in a fair fight, just remember one thing.... control. The difference between grevious bodily harm, assault and man slaughter is ..... 10 YEARS BOYS, remember that."

Last edited:
I always wondered about that Red. I was instructor level in Muay Thai and absolutely loved it until I dislocated my shoulder. After that it popped out just about ever training session so I gave it away. But I used to wonder how things would go in a pub fight. I'm a pretty big pacifist and never been in a real fight in my life but yeah was always curious how useful the skills would be outside the training room

ive been doing muay thai for about two years now best fighting style so good

straight edge people make me laugh.
they all have the xxx inked in places so you can see it like hands and neck.
i love a beer but dont have it tattoed on me, the straight edge seen was huge when i was 18 but 10 years on i have heard most of them smoke and drink now....... sooo straight edge ay.
they are just like born again christians... preach it louder than normal religious people who have there belief's and keep it to themselves.
cant judge all of us by a few , i dont preach , im nothing of what u say.. yes i have straight edge tattoo. we are nothing like born again christians mate.

Last edited:
you dont see me on here asking " who on here likes to get drunk" its a herpetologist site not FACEBOOK.

Yeah im vegan edge, its been over 3 years now.
Awesome stuff on the 6 years dragon

I always wondered about that Red. I was instructor level in Muay Thai and absolutely loved it until I dislocated my shoulder. After that it popped out just about ever training session so I gave it away. But I used to wonder how things would go in a pub fight. I'm a pretty big pacifist and never been in a real fight in my life but yeah was always curious how useful the skills would be outside the training room

Well.... fingers crossed you'll always just be wondering mate ;).

Haha...Is this in reference to the song 'Straight Edge'?

I like the original Minor Threat version better, but it's infinitely more funny coming from NOFX who pretty much would gobble up any chemical that was put in front of them :p

i may not be straight edge but i have seen fugazi live at town hall in sydney... just dont ask me when..lol. somewhere between '90 & 03' ..lol..

I saw this after the last thing I posted. What does NOFX stand for? I didn't think it had any meaning. I think mike kinda ripped it off Negative FX?

Last edited:
dont drink..dont smoke..dont do rec drugs....dont go out with bad women....only cause i dont know any:p :p

ive drank acomohol a cpl of times but its nothing...and i dont because i dont want to

Straightedge is an interesting thing, especially when people treat it as a religion, which happened early on in the movement. and I knew of quite a few violent straightedgers in the late 90's.

Not sure if that mentality exists anymore. All the straightedgers I used to know moved on from it, and even if they don't drink/smoke/take drugs these days, they'd never refer to themselves as straightedge. I think they realised it was just an unnecessary subcultural label.

cant judge all of us by a few , i dont preach , im nothing of what u say.. yes i have straight edge tattoo. we are nothing like born again christians mate.[/QUOTE]

You are like born again christians you have your tatt and they have the fish sticker on their car letting everyone know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back