is anyone one else straight edge on here?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurtonReptiles

Reaction score
Just asking see if anyone is? i dont care about anyone thoughts or opinion on it , just wondering if anyone was. ive been straight edge 6 years this year.

don't drink/smoke/take recreational drugs or have sex outside a commited relationship.

then there's "harldline" or whatever where you won't take medication (so...any form of drug)

for the record, I'm neither.
Just something you constantly have too hear about when you like heavy music.

pfft.. straight edge.. my affiliation with hardcore 80-90 english punk want allow me to be.. sorry.. kaos & anarchy born & breed... lol.. used to know alot of em though.. good on you for saying no.. each to there own...

no drugs and alcohol - includes cigarettes. That right? i had a couple of friends who were for a few years but they all gave into clubbing...

can i ask why you are?

in the mid 90's there was a big group living in byron bay.. all covered it straight edge tatts... they didnt mind a fight though.. lol..

my mum used to wear her doc martins...have a bright red mohawk with shaved sides of her head HAHA! She loved all the old school punk...but she wasn't straight edge she loved her bourbon LOL

yeah i dont touch ciggies or recreational drugs but i do drink... im still going through the 'yay im 18' phase =]

i dont drink alcohol, but i smoke cigs(2-3 a day)... im getting old..(dont tell my hardcore friends.. lol..)...

Is the term straight edge something that you use to sort of feel stronger, like a team all saying no (in a good way!)
Just curious as to why you say straight edge instead of just saying 'I don't drink, smoke or take drugs'?
Serious question out of curiosity :)

no drugs and alcohol - includes cigarettes. That right? i had a couple of friends who were for a few years but they all gave into clubbing...

can i ask why you are?
I was brought up in bad area where friends and family members got addicted to drugs and alcohol , everyone in my family smokes. I didnt want be apart of that or turn out like any of them . So i chose to leave a clean life where i could have a clear mind and think straight and be pure. Also when i have kids i want my kids to be brought up in a family knowing it ok not to do any of them things .

168595_491267059798_660799798_5703221_2887948_n.jpg
friends...

Is the term straight edge something that you use to sort of feel stronger, like a team all saying no (in a good way!)
Just curious as to why you say straight edge instead of just saying 'I don't drink, smoke or take drugs'?
Serious question out of curiosity :)
Well ive been listening to hardcore since i was about 15 and straight edge came from one the main bands i listen to, the words they spoke and things they said made me want to live a pure life. I never felt like i ever fitted in anywhere till i meet kids that felt the same way as me .. most my friends are straight edge , but i use to also fail at everything and this thing is the one thing in my life that i stuck to and it has kept me strong. As stupid as most people proberly think it is , but straight edge gave me the will to live . It made a better person and a proud person, it a possitive thing that made me love everyday of my life .

Sax don't you dare google this for me lol....
I totally would have if I'd caught this thread in time.

I guess technically I have been straight edge for a few years without even knowing what it was. I don't do any of those things but just because I'm a nerd and I just think they're bad for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back