Is it a snake or possum

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

random88

Reaction score
Woke up during the night two days ago to the sound of urine dribbling onto a bag in my bedroom. Had a look in the ceiling the next day and located a pocket where a strong smell was coming from but could not see into it.
Had a look around out side and found a gap that may be big enough for a possum the get through. The I found in the gutter, a two metre length of snake skin that didn't look that old.
Anyway I set a cage trap for a possum last night and didn't catch anything so do I have a large snake up there or a possum?
Do snakes piss a lot and really stink? It was a lot of urine. Location SE QLD.

i work in roof spaces alomst every day and can varify possum piss stinks.. and bad... i know the smell when i smell it.... shame u cant put it online!! dont know about the snake *******?..... oh wait.. try this... u had a possum... it pissed... local snake smelt piss.. ate possum and left!!! :D

did u find any nuggets?

if theres white nugs its a snake, if u find brown nugs, soak them in water, if theyre full of fur its also a snake,...yep the liquidy bit can smell really bad,...

if its rats, its lucky u have a freshly shed snake up there ready for a meal,...

Thanks for the replies. Can't see scats if they are there, can't get into the space. Because of the smell I'm leaning to the furry side.

Thanks for the replies. Can't see scats if they are there, can't get into the space. Because of the smell I'm leaning to the furry side.

Put some fruit inside the roof hole and see if it gone in the morning. Maybe rats or possums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back