Is it cruel to keep pot plants?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! Because of you, they are putting land aside to farm plants such as carrots, lettuce, grains and various fruits... these are the things you hate! :shock: If you were to cease eating the things you hate, the people you buy them from would have a smaller market and accordingly, would produce less! Thus, these plants you hate so much would never know the joy of coming into existance. If we all band together against the tyrany of the domesticated plants, we can wipe many, perhaps even most, completely out of existance! Look at wheat, it is virtually enslaving the human race! For countless generations now, humans have cared for wheat, dedicated more land to it than anything else. The only reason wheat is the most successful of the domesticated plants is because it is the most commonly eaten food by the planet's most dominant animal species! By being our favoured food source, it has controlled us, we now do its bidding. You are helping the enemy! You are a slave to hexaploid wheat! :shock: If you want to increase the success of any farmed living thing (or in many cases, wild things), the best thing to do is eat as much of it as possible. End the terror dished out by hexaploid wheat! Eat a kangaroo!

Just a question Sdaji, do you walk your plants, do they have an exercise yard? Couch runners for instance need lots of exercise. Crab apples have been known to benefit from a trip to the beach and climbing roses certainly love a trip to Mt buffalo. You see where I'm coming from? There has to be something in it for the plant OK.

Sdaji, you're a radical fanatic vego-fundamentalist, aren't you?

I'm proud to say I grow plants on my kitchen window just to feed to my lizards. They're genetically modified to produce larger, juicier leaves, and i rip those leaves off the plant with my bare hands - no sharp scissors for me! And no anaesthesia either. I'm a botanical Hoser.

And if that's not cruel enough, I forgot to water them today.

Bring it on, Turnipboy!

:p

Hix

Sdaji, are your plants wild caught or home grown? Cause if they are home grown and you do as Krusty suggested then you are sending them to certain death. They don't have the skills to survive in the wild.

Well thank you all, I've seen the error of my ways. I set my snakes free to roam (coincidentally they chose their enclosures and locked the doors after themselves), I've given up eating meat (but the steak keeps jumping in the pan and then onto my plate-the knives and forks have been aiding and abbetting their odd suicidal mission) and I no longer eat vegies or have plants in the yard (the vegies have now joined the meat and they have a suicide pact). I tried putting my clothes out in the backyard to let all the little cotton fibres run free like they should....but I think they've also been corrupted by my evil influence and wont do anything but lie there :(

I'M TRYING TO CORRECT MY HORRIBLY CRUEL LIFESTYLE BUT IT'S JUST NOT WORKING!!!! :( :( :( :(

Please, can any of you vego-fundamenatalists, snake lovers and non parasites aid me in my quest for enlightenment????

(Kris wants to know if we're sposed to feed the tree out the front live rats or just find some road kill?)

I am detecting a hint of sarcasm in many voices here! I don't think some of you realise how serious this issue really is, do you know that there are plants even trees that are kept in pots that are deigned to stunt their growth from the roots up? These are called bonsai, they are sick, cruel and selfish human development for nothing other than the satisfaction of those who keep them. So before you go trivialising this issue think about those plants that really are affected by the cruelty of the so called humanity.

All i have left to say is that you are all sick!

Until someone can give me a good reason to keep plants in pots i will not!

Wow what an excellent topic.

I'm starting to wonder if it's cruel to keep myself in a house. Shouldn't I be running wild?

just give them lots of chicken poo and they will forgive you and love you.

speaking of playing music to your plants didn't mythbuster's experiment say that rock music makes them grow the best. my theory is there are random rock groups roaming the forests cranking it up, it would explain the increase growth rate as they think their home :p

andrew

Personally I think my plants are better in pots. For one they don't get bashed with the lawn mower or whipped with the whipper snipper, if they are up high the dog doesn't wizz on em or worse. I have been known to pick the flowers off the roses at times and spray them with chemicals...I dare say I'm a bit of a thug, but trying my best! Anyway, who's to say that plants don't like dog wizz anyway! :? 8) :lol:

Plants kept in pots are just wrong. You are infact over-caring for them, fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides etc are preventing your plant's immune system from developing naturally as it should be. What about the exotic plants you have imported? What if they bring a disease with them that wipe out all the plants here? Have you no responsibility?

When they have a crack down on plant licences what are you going to do with the plants you dont have licences for? especially the exotics? People everywhere are going to release them in the wild and they are going to reproduce and kill the ecosystem! You say that it takes 2 plants to tango, but what about when theres more? Plants reproduce really fast you know!

I disagree with people purpose breeding plants for their beauty/colours/different shapes. Those plants are not the same as the wild ones and if they were in the wild they would be killed right away. I prefer to see a plant in its natural state not one that isnt natural at all. Dont get me started on the blue rose debate let me tell you!

mciver said:
Just a question Sdaji, do you walk your plants, do they have an exercise yard? Couch runners for instance need lots of exercise. Crab apples have been known to benefit from a trip to the beach and climbing roses certainly love a trip to Mt buffalo. You see where I'm coming from? There has to be something in it for the plant OK.

No, I don't. I believe that excercise is cruel, because it necessitates movement, which might involve the accidental squishing of other life forms. The potted plants I keep are cacti (perhaps a trip to the desert or to a pin factory would be in order?) and Venus fly traps..... I'll start saving up for the research lab, workshops, scientists and engineers.

Hix said:
Sdaji, you're a radical fanatic vego-fundamentalist, aren't you?

I'm proud to say I grow plants on my kitchen window just to feed to my lizards. They're genetically modified to produce larger, juicier leaves, and i rip those leaves off the plant with my bare hands - no sharp scissors for me! And no anaesthesia either. I'm a botanical Hoser.

And if that's not cruel enough, I forgot to water them today.

Bring it on, Turnipboy!

:p

Hix

Naughty naughty.

waruikazi said:
I am detecting a hint of sarcasm in many voices here! I don't think some of you realise how serious this issue really is, do you know that there are plants even trees that are kept in pots that are deigned to stunt their growth from the roots up? These are called bonsai, they are sick, cruel and selfish human development for nothing other than the satisfaction of those who keep them. So before you go trivialising this issue think about those plants that really are affected by the cruelty of the so called humanity.

All i have left to say is that you are all sick!

Until someone can give me a good reason to keep plants in pots i will not!

Sarcasm? :shock: From whom? :shock:

I was waiting for someone to raise the issue of bonsai. It is far too horrible an issue for me to tackle.

Sadji your hilarious. And what is an f"tard
Maybe it should be illegal to sell plants in public places, Such as nurserys as this may stress the plant.

Oliver said:
Wow what an excellent topic.

I'm starting to wonder if it's cruel to keep myself in a house. Shouldn't I be running wild?

Come on Oliver, we all want to address this issue, but using shock tactics such as this crazy story of yours about keeping yourself in a house is going too far. There might be children reading this thread, we don't want to give them nightmares now, do we? Soon there will be children screaming at night, after the horrific dreams about living in a house, warm, clothed, well fed and looked after :shock: They should be out there running wild, starving, covered in fleas, filled with intestinal worms, hair full of lice... the way nature intended. Please don't tell me you live in some other manner, it is distasteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back