Is it Eastern Brown or Coastal Taipan??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the?????????? How can you do such a course without being able to spell venomous... and the info is totally wrong.

How dare you question the knowledge of two day experts. shame..

So, what sort of snake do you think it is? I have another way of telling what sort of snake this is, and it isn't by scale count. I'm curious to know what sort of snake you think this is? Cheers Carol.

It's clearly one of these....

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 209
Why is this info totaly wrong. And yes, I did do a snake handling course recently.and was told that some people call the coastal tiapan the eastern brown. Ok, so I spelt venomous wrong, so what. So, what sort of snake do you think it is? I have another way of telling what sort of snake this is, and it isn't by scale count. I'm curious to know what sort of snake you think this is? Cheers Carol.

It's clearly not one of these

Attachments

• 119_0776.jpg
    119_0776.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 189
I wish I could meet a female snake wrangler that is...hot, the entire situation cries out for a pick up line.....want to wrangle my snake?

off topic I know but still.

My complete lack of knowledge says Eastern Brown, for two reasons.

It looks a hell a lot like the snake I had at my place yesterday and you just do not get taipans in Hervey bay, so unless the one around my pool is a rare taipan up here then logic tells me the picture is an Eastern Brown.

Hows that.....did I pass?

You don't even get taipans where you are meant to get taipans. I'd call them the most elusive of our dangerous snakes.

Another way to tell the difference between an Eastern Brown and a Tiapan is eye colouring. The Tiapan has an orange coloured eye surrounding the pupil and eye's are wider than the eatern brown. The Tiapan has a cream colour on the lower heed leading up to the nose, where as the eastern brown has a browner shade on lower head near mouth leading up to the nose. The eastern brown has brown coloured eyes, surrounding the pupil, unlike the tiapan which has orange colourings around it's eye. And, yes, we did do identification of various snakes on the day. It still looks like a tiapan to me.

You don't even get taipans where you are meant to get taipans. I'd call them the most elusive of our dangerous snakes.
=carol. We don't get Tiapans here in Melbourne, but you do get them through the top end of NSW and Queensland, also through the top end of the northern territory, moving towards the top end of western ausralia, along the coast line more.

=carol. We don't get Tiapans here in Melbourne, but you do get them through the top end of NSW and Queensland, also through the top end of the northern territory, moving towards the top end of western ausralia, along the coast line more.

That is what the books say, but I can tell you that speaking to one of the old Reptile park owners up here, they reckon they have heard of only 2 and only one confirmed in the bay, and that was in a pallet of wood that had just been delivered from elsewhere

Another way to tell the difference between an Eastern Brown and a Tiapan is eye colouring. The Tiapan has an orange coloured eye surrounding the pupil and eye's are wider than the eatern brown. The Tiapan has a cream colour on the lower heed leading up to the nose, where as the eastern brown has a browner shade on lower head near mouth leading up to the nose. The eastern brown has brown coloured eyes, surrounding the pupil, unlike the tiapan which has orange colourings around it's eye. And, yes, we did do identification of various snakes on the day. It still looks like a tiapan to me.

If you really think it's a taipan that's great but it's not. Eye colour is not a good indicator of species as the tones can change depending on the environments colour, skin colour is not a good indicator of species either, both eastern browns, western browns and taipans can have the same skin colour including the nose being creamy coloured.

About the only thing that can truly set an eastern brown from a taipan (if you can't tell from general appearance) without having to do scale counts is that they have keeled scales and browns don't.

I am going to settle this once and for all.

It is quite clearly a Natural Confectionery company snake, someone mixed the red orange and yellows together....it turned out brown

I will give my herpetologist a call. He has been handling and caring for reptiles for 35 years. His travelled all over australia and overseas with his reptile shows. He was also the first in identifying a new desease accuring in snakes. Anyone interested, go to his website which is www.snakebusters.com.au Cheers Carol.

I will give my herpetologist a call. He has been handling and caring for reptiles for 35 years. His travelled all over australia and overseas with his reptile shows. He was also the first in identifying a new desease accuring in snakes. Anyone interested, go to his website which is www.snakebusters.com.au Cheers Carol.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!ONE ONE one

C'mon now Carol, who are you really???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back