Is this an ok set up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Streak

Reaction score
Hi, i just got my first snake on monday, and he didnt like the big encloure so i thought finie he can stay in this click clack container i bought, with a lamp with thermo stat and thermometer, but while he is in there i thought i better find out if my set up is ok, its about 1.3 meters high, 65cm length, and about 40cm wide. i have one thermometer with two probes, one probe linked to the top of the basking branch, the other linked to the bottom corner far away, then i have a thermomter/hydrometer, the thermometer probe is in its hide away thing, i dont know where to put the hydrometer so i put it in the back wall at the bottom...... Then i have one of those white thermostats hooked up to a special moon giant black light, that is in the very middle top of the cage, then i have a black thermo stat with the probe is hooked up to a ceramic heater. then i have a timer connected to a 24inch uv light on the top. where should i put the probe for the thermostat connected to the ceramic? oh and i have another time hooked up to the black light.
is this ok and what settings should the thermostat be on? what temps for the night and day? i have a hatchling murray darling python. thanks

sounds really good
i keep a coastal so im not sure of the temps but it sounds like your snake will be livin in a *****star hotel
got any pics?

I would put the probe for the ceramic probably near where the snake will be basking under the light,that way it will cut of at the right temp where he is postioned and that way he won't get to hot
Also being in brisbane they can cope really well with our temps as long as it is not to hot and to cold causing sniffles etc.

And congrats on your 1st snakey

Sounds like a great set up.

Thanks, but im so paranoid. i dont want it to die lol. and ill try to get some pics when i get the digital camera cord sent from cannon. I am so happy to have a snake, he is so great. i named him trogdor. lol but he hasnt gone into the enclosure yet, he didnt seem to like it, it might have been a bit big and i cant really put the click clack in the enclosure, it wouldnt be near enough to the ceramic heater. so i figure ill give him a couple of weeks , and ill just keep trying to pout him n there until he likes it. Could it be the fake plants?

dont force him its not that he dosnt like it its just not where he wants to go he will find his favorite temp spot and sit there
mine only uses his hide box every now and then
i like it when he is not in there cos at least i can see the lil buger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back