is this enclosure ok?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Snapshot_20131204_2.JPGSnapshot_20131204_5.JPGhi I recently bought a 3 foot by 2 foot by 2foot enclosure for 180$. I was wondering if this enclosure is suitable for my spotted python that im getting.(it will be in a click clack when its a baby so this is for when its a adult) and I was also wondering if my thermostat is a on/off thermostat or a dimming thermostat. I heard that dimming ones are better because they don't drop the temperature as much as on/off ones do, that would be great. also if I do have a on/off one should I get a dimming one or will my python be ok with a on/off one thanks.

Yes, that should be fine for a Spotted Python. Just add branches and/or flat rocks etc.
Either thermostat is fine and depends more on the type of heat source that you intend on using.

thanks. I definitely intend on putting a branch that you buy from exo terra and some vines, hides and stuff. I will be using a heat globe is that ok?

Yes, heat globes are OK but a dimming or proportional pulse thermostat is usually better for use with globes, as the on-off type tend to shorten the life of the globe.

Try using Phillips reflector bulbs that you can get from Bunnings for a couple of dollars for a twin pack. 40 or 60 watt should be plenty for an enclosure that size. I find they last quite well and a lot cheaper than reptile brand ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back