Is this too big???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakes_r_us

Reaction score
hi there everyone,
i have been at work busy trying to finish my enclosure i have disigned this straight from my head and wondering if this will be to big the enclosure is 800hx900wx650d only going to house a stimmy who is rapidly growing fast any thoughts on this much appreciated if shared its a waterfall powered by an external canaster filter from a fish tank with flow control it stands about 600hx 300d :D

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 248
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 306
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 256
bloody hell mate if its to big let me know ill buy it lol

looks great top job but what are the dimensions of the waterfall

Looks great - wish I was creative enough to do something like this!

Are you planning on putting a Stimmie in with a waterfall and fish??

just a word of warning...styrofoam is NOT waterproof so seal it all even from the top...then seal it again...then seal it again. Use proper waterbased sealer not paint...cheers

An enclosure with a waterfall that you will keep a stimmie in?

hi everyone thanks for replies so far :) sorry item is not for sale but once i am done with this one i will be planning on making more ....., i am yet to apply 4 cotes of coloured tile grout and i found a product called pontite at bunnings ,(a pond sealer non-toxic) with 3 to 4 cotes of pontite i am certain it will be waterproof and harmless to my gorgeous stimmy the feature will stand 600mm high by 500mm wide took me just over 5 hours to get it this far this morning yet needing alot more expanda foam and work will post more pictures when i am grouting thanks guys

hi everyone thanks for replies so far :) sorry item is not for sale but once i am done with this one i will be planning on making more ....., i am yet to apply 4 cotes of coloured tile grout and i found a product called pontite at bunnings ,(a pond sealer non-toxic) with 3 to 4 cotes of pontite i am certain it will be waterproof and harmless to my gorgeous stimmy the feature will stand 600mm high by 500mm wide took me just over 5 hours to get it this far this morning yet needing alot more expanda foam and work will post more pictures when i am grouting thanks guys

I asked above to clarify as it's not clear from your posts, so are you planning on putting a Stimmie into that enclosure?

It's not a good idea to put a Stimmie in an enclosure with a waterfall in it. Take a look at the husbandry requirements of your python - humidity would be the first thing I'd be looking at ;)

yes it will house a stimmy and with humidity i have computer chassis fans that will be installed one top and one bottom each working in a one flow motion to circulate air through the enclosure so the hot air isnt sitting still

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
yes it will house a stimmy and with humidity i have computer chassis fans that will be installed one top and one bottom each working in a one flow motion to circulate air through the enclosure so the hot air isnt sitting still

hahahahaha funniest thing ive read in ages,
you are so far off track, the SES have given up and let you wander

hahahahaha funniest thing ive read in ages,
you are so far off track, the SES have given up and let you wander

maybe you could constuctively point out why his suggestion won't work or suggest how it could be improved, or do you like to keep your knowledge to yourself ! !

Good to see people constantly doing the wrong thing with their husbandry. It keeps all the Vets in business!

Great idea with the waterfall in the Stimmie enclosure. Put some live plants and some baby fruit bats in there too! I will look like a real rain forest!

Mate I think what people trying to say is that just keep it simple. You don't need to elaborate so much. hot side 31-33 on one side of the tank and leave the side of the tank room temperature. You don't need a computer fan to make the WHOLE enclosure hot.

Mate I think what people trying to say is that just keep it simple. You don't need to elaborate so much. hot side 31-33 on one side of the tank and leave the side of the tank room temperature. You don't need a computer fan to make the WHOLE enclosure hot.

...and not to mention all the reasons you don't house a Stimmie in an enclosure with a waterfall in it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back