It's times like these that make it worth it...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sxereturn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Had 3 hatchlings here that weren't feeding at all (2 scrubs and a Diamond). The Diamond was the worst, had tried everything bar a live skink and force feeding.

Tonight I bummed a 3 live hoppers off a mate, threw one in each enclosure and now there is 3 little lumps in 3 little snakes. Me = very stoked.

well done mate and congratulations, i think we all know what a sigh of relief that is

take care
Matt

its a warm fuzzy feeling isnt it? when they do well.
I still have a couple of troubled feeders at present, Im hoping they will take-off soon!

thats cool

i know the feeling, my little bredli that ive had for a month now still hasnt taken a thawed fuzzy. im goin to havta get a get live ones from somewhere

cheers, jono

How are you keeping him and how have you offered the food? Be a little specific...

were they hopper mice or rats? as i have a few hatchling scrubs that are almost ready last time i went pinky rats but a few people thought i was silly for feeding live pinky rats. its always worked out well with me. surprisingly they are not that aggresive yet not like parents. lol

im keeping her in a small plastic top opening viv with a heat mat under 1/3 of the it, a hide mostly on the heat mat and a branch stretching across from low/heated side to high/non heated side.

ive offered 5 thawed fuzzies and one thawed pinky. these have all been thawed in warm water and were mostly dry wen offered. ive tried to provoke her by stroking her side with them, jiggling them around. i left a few in overnight and shes shown no interest at all

cheers, jono

Basket, how big is your little Bredli? If you are talking of mice then maybe they are too small. I had difficulty with my Bredls when they were younger until I upped the size of the prey.

they are just over 2 foot. mine were 690mm out of the egg one of my favourite snakes

...and with the good comes the bad.

Just finished fully cleaning out my BTS enclosure, stick them both back in, and the BOTH start ****ting everywhere.

Oh I thought it was bad to feed live prey due to health reasons!!! See sxereturn you DO have to use live sometimes.But I suppose you can afford to throw out all the defrosted rats you want huh. So much for all that garbage about only feeding defrosted hey.LOL :twisted:

Considering I had tried just about everything before resorting to live food, I think it was acceptable. These animals will be on thawed as soon as they accept it.

You don't own anything that special, so I don't see why all your animals couldn't be transfered onto defrosted quite easily.

You pay for all the rats that have to be thrown out and I will do just that oh and a freezer to keep enough rats and mice to feed 20 snakes. You certainly don't own anything special and as much as you like to think so ,you aren't special either!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back