JAG pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been argued till we are all black and blue We have the American Jag, with selective breeding< ie aussie cape york recessive color with striped jungle can we than class this as aussie jag or do we just go with whats happening overseas or do wait till whats here already comes available to the average herp collector. What they have crossed overseas are 1/2 ours to start with why cant we have an Aussie Tas for lack of a desriptive name.
These are my opinions only.

cheers pete

Firstly Jags are not American.

We can't make a Jag, unless by pure fluke someone creates a reduced pattern carpet that also produces leucistics.

Thats fair enough Boa but why do we have to we go with whats happening everywhere else why cant You or Simon or Snakeranch as such breed an aussie look alike and then class it as an Aussie bred. I know it sounds stupid but as stated before im a relative newcomer to this game compared to most but have had an interest in the line breeding of different species to get what i desire no different to what there doing in other parts of the world.I believe there here already and will be available to all and sundry in the next 2 seasons.
This is my opinion only

They are here, they will be available very soon.

wow, awesome looking pythons!

I have seen some Jungle Jaguars on the Hamm Show.
They were one of the most stunning snakes I have ever seen!

But unfortunately priceless.

Firstly Jags are not American.

We can't make a Jag, unless by pure fluke someone creates a reduced pattern carpet that also produces leucistics.

i can understand the reduced pattern part, but why would it need to produce leucistics???
wouldnt the melanin just disappear and create patternless offspring???

i can understand the reduced pattern part, but why would it need to produce leucistics???
wouldnt the melanin just disappear and create patternless offspring???

Because jags are a visual het for leucism. They carry the leucistic gene, that is what makes them look like they do.

Sorry i think i just realised what your question means, leucistic means no pigment at all, not just no melanin. So take out all the pigment and you have a pure white snake.

cheers waruikazi, but i know what leucism is...
you gave me a good answer the first time round though... lol
i think youve answered a few of my questions on genetics in recent threads, so i take it you know what your on about... and its much appreciated
cheers again
Ryan

junglexdiamond jags are one of the nicest pythons imo.

as for 'why cant we produce australian jags?'
-if you produce a snake that looks like them and when breed to another one produces luecistics you will have an australian jag like snake but not only will people not believe you have done it because its more likely its an exotic, it is so genetically unlikely that most are kidding themselve to believe they can create one from luck.

i do believe they will be avialable here in the near future and i will surely be getting a few!!!!

Cut that OUT

come on cheyno thats not far:D

there incredible animals and i cant wait for the call from Roger(Jungle_Freak)

sorry Roger;)

No doubt there here Spike, and NO doubt there illegal.

(As for many other snakes in Aus collections...)

Anyone who is offered one wouldn't want to be advertising it. They won' t be produced by fluke, as much as lots of people may hope. But hey with the amount of illegal GTPs in collections who am I kidding, of course they will be available soon enough..

LOL Gearjammer
no jags here
or likely to have any in the future ,
not worth the drama etc

but jagish looking carpets are a possibility ,
cheers

How are we to know that the amazing animals that are bred in Australia eventually, aren't mixed from imported stock thats been added into the mix somewhere...? We wouldn't know.

Because jags are a visual het for leucism. They carry the leucistic gene, that is what makes them look like they do.

Finally an explanation that makes sense. Therefore a "jag sibling" is a clutchmate not carrying the leucistic gene ????? I could never understand why a jag sibling was so specifically labelled.
What does a homozygous leucistic look like???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back