Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rennie said:
I would like to note that although my Childreni was expensive at Kellyville, they are one of the few pet shops that seem to take very good care of their animals, I know a person who worked there who was a vet in training so knew quite well how to look after the animals in their care. Also the 2hr talk was very informative, covering everything from heating, cleaning, feeding, breeding, etc. and a copy of Care of Australian Reptiles in Captivity was a part of the package for those of us who need to double check some details now and then. It definately was not an "impulse buying" deal, we had to book and pay a deposit in advance.

How much did the snake end up costing you?

I wonder how many deals proceed because they throw that book in. :lol:

$500! They also do a package with a diamond for about $700 from memory and one with a pygmy beardie for about $400 I think.

Holy Moley! I looked at the pamphlet from Kellyville pets and they had the Diamond Python pack for $400....obviously not an accurate figure....Kellyville pets on a whole are a fair bit more expensive than most other pet shops.

Howdy PeterJ, in a post a while back I asked Jeff where exactly the line was drawn regarding advertising on the net. I mentioned the herp trader somewhere in the question.
Jeff replied that as long as the site was reptile specific it was all cool by him.
I think the post was titled "Attention Jeff Hardy" if you want to do a search.
Cheers, Steve.

well I'm amazed at the bureacracy that has arisen over the years with keeping reptiles and the $$ involved. I'm old enough to remember the old fauna department in NSW, but forget its exact name. there were no rules relating to catching and keeping reptile and a very few people who did. Two of us undertook a road trip to Iron Range on cape york to catch scrub pythons . jeez memories of a misspent youth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back