Jungle Carpet Python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay, yours looks jungle, the head pattern is very strong, whereas in Kevyns carpet, its head pattern is somewhat faded in between. I have only been herping for a couple years but i have seen and owned quite a few jungles and all seemed to have a very strong head pattern from hatchlings right through to adults.

Its a nice snake, Kevyn's happy with it. who cares! :D

He's for sale actually. I like carpets but I don't really want to work with them right now. I really wanted to know so I knew what to list him as. I've got someone interested in trading him for a West African Gaboon Viper, so maybe. I really think he's a coastal and did from the first time I saw him, but as I said the guy I got him from was insistant. Judging from the general concensus, I'm gathering my inital assesment was correct. Thanks all for the help, greatly appreciated. :D

yer there's a bit of both in him i thinks
great lookin snake either way

I think the thing to remember is that a snakes marking aren't always a true indicator of the species or sub-species to be more prcise. I have a male Coastal which has very similar colouration and markings to that of a b&w jungles and yet his parents(owned by my brother) were brownish and almost black. It is very possible how ever that it could be an atherton. You only need to have a look at various sites on the web to see how many colour and pattern variations there are to all pythons including Athertons. If you are happy with knowledge that it is a jungle then so be it. I think to save confusion for yourself and anyone else I reckon you should settle on calling it a Atherton.

Can you say "The Quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" ? :lol:

how about...."How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood" :lol:

don't know bout anyone else but i can't see the head markings at all except from the side.In all jungles there is the definite skull or skull and crossbones pattern.Just because he's dark doesn't mean he's not a jungle.

Can you get a head pic from above Kev?

The quick brown fox jumped over the labrador.

D'OH!!

Sorry Wattso, I was trying to politely point out that I thought the statement was wrong without name calling or trying to demean the person.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back