jungle python build ideas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

houdini101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
have just bought myself a yearling high yellow and black jungle python and
im pretty keen on custom fitting out his a 50 x 50 x 80 urs glass enclosure with sliding glass panels
i have worked out that i want to go for a jungle theme what i'm not sure about is what colours I want to go with for the back ground
20140127_151504.jpg20140127_151525.jpg

Might be worth thinking about investing in something a bit bigger. It'll grow out of this before reaching adult size.

Might be worth thinking about investing in something a bit bigger. It'll grow out of this before reaching adult size.

yer i kno what your saying im going to get a corner tv cabinet and eventually fit it out im just not sure if it will be to big for him if i get one now

Probably not but comes down to how big he is. I have two adult size cages currently being built for my yearling Darwin's. They will go straight in when they are completed. It would just be a shame to put a lot of time effort and money doing up a temporary cage.

If you have the funds to go through a few enclosures that's great. I ended up buying a 45x60x45 which worked great but shes grown out off in under a year. Just make sure whatever you decide has some decent height to it as they love to climb and will eat hanging from branches and dont appreciate their heads rubbing in the dirt while they do.
To be honest id just get something generic and fill it with branches hides and dishes you can move into another enclosure whenever that may be. Jungles are a temperamental bunch so if you put a small python into a large enclosure odds are they'll stop eating and sit still all day so you need to start something small which is why I suggest the basic.
If youre 100% set on building your own theme and stuff just do a little research online for tips and in the DIY secontion on this forum. For jungle colours youd want lots of grey and green, so grey/brown painted fake rock wall with lots of bright green plants and vines then a brown mulchy sort of bedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back