JungleRob's Herp Room

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi will it need airconditioning in summer ?
or is it like a esky

Yeah, it will definitely need air-conditioning in summer. It is a bit like an esky but the windows/sliding door reduce it's thermal capabilities.

id like a herp room. cant understand why you used cold room panels then fitted windows and a glass door. the way i see it, you have lost the benifit of the insulation from the cold room panels. but id still like it in my yard. thanx for the look. cheers

I used cold room panels as it was easiest to construct and I didn't need to use a licensed builder to erect it.

I agree with what you're saying about adding the windows etc., but think of the reverse when breeding season comes and you need to cool your animals. I'd prefer to do it naturally and also you won't have the problem of having to humidify the air in the room if it were air-conditioned around the clock.

Another reason for putting the window and door in is flexibility if I ever sell the property. As it is at the moment you could easily convert it into an awesome pub/pool/games room.

Cheers,
Rob

Trick room mate, you'll need two of them before long...;)
Looks great!

Haha, that's the reason I built it so well as I'll more than likely be living in it and the herps will keep the rest of the house! - as Stu (Ozzie Python) said.

Great stuff Rob, Have you considered double insulated skylights to save on electricity, you can make them yourself just like a double glazed windows.

That's a good idea. The room is quite light during the day so will generally only be running heat panels anyway.

With regards to cost it was all done when I did the rest of my entertainment area so sort of spread the cost between that.

It certainly wasn't cheap, but was definitely reasonable for what I've ended up with.

Under $10K including a 100m2 tiled entertainment area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back