Just a word of warning

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miley_take

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I nearly got into a bit of a situation today, which gave me a wake up call.
I've started going for a run in the afternoon, and mum being a mum suggested I take our young cattle dog with me, for her peace of mind and to burn off her energy. I scoffed at this idea thinking nothing would happen, but still took her advice.
I was walking home, and there was a guy in the telephone box. He stopped doing what he was doing and I could feel him watching me. I kept walking, trying to look oblivious, but heard him following me. By now the dog's positioned herself between me and him and has tensed up. He then stopped and left me alone, but what I didn't realise is my younger sister had rounded the corner, she'd taken our other dog for a walk. She then told me when she caught up that he looked like he was going to follow me.

What I'm trying to say is, many different outcomes could have happened. What if I didn't have the dog and my sister had rounded that corner? What if he'd followed me home to my sister and myself? What if my sister had been ahead and got there first?

None of these had happened, but they where all possible. Just putting this out there as a word of warning to those who may be complacent like me, no matter how small your city/town is, there ARE weirdo's out there, just be careful.....

And yes, both parents have been notified of what has happened, I saw no sense in keeping this to myself as it happened close to home.

Yes mate, i used to live in a small town and get hasseld all the time bashed for money and smokes pretty much anything, i now live in a larger city and havent had any trouble, maybe im a little bigger too but i have twin little sisters and the same thing has happened to them when we lived in a little township just out of town, needless to say i dont think that guy will be bothering many other people in the near future:evil:

Glad you're okay but honestly... 5 minutes with you and they would be kicking you out! :D

Sorry, bad joke...

A few years back my sister was playing in the front yard of our house. Back then where we lived was one of the better suburbs in the area. Anyway, a man pulled up out the front and tried to call my sister over. Her knowing about stranger danger she kept her distance and asked what he wanted. He then asked if her parents were home which caused her to take a few more steps back (at this point she was well and truely away from him).

He then started slurring and speaking inaudibly and naturally being only ten at the time she became confused and started to approach him to see if he was okay. It was at that point that my mother looked out the front window and seen what was happening. She proceeded to scream and ran outside.

The stranger seen my mother and ran to grab my sister but luckily couldnt get a hold of her. He jumped back into his car, laughed at my parents and sped off.

All of this happened in a period of less then a minute in the quietest street in one of the best suburbs of the area. Middle of the day too.

Kids really need to be careful these days as there are alot of sick people in the world. Never EVER talk to strangers because even though 99.9% of them have good intentions theres always that 0.1% that are dangerous and all it takes is a few seconds... thats all.

Who is he em??? I'll get him for messing with my friend :evil:

I'll be more careful now though, after reading this.

unfortunatly predetors are on the increase as the population grows so do the sickos and bad people nothing anybody can do about it tho except educate educate educate

they are everywhere, so glad you ok. it could have been ALOT worse, trust me.

Thanks for the warning. Something that seems to ward off a lot of people is a large dog (that likes to bark :D), or a boyfriend that looks like he can do worse to them then whatever they could do to anyone else :lol:

as we discussed, get your self a nice big ol perentie to take walking, and keep the brown snake in your back pocket, just in case. that way if ya lizard heads for a tre you can still throw the brown snake.

There has recently been an incident out my way where a young girl was exercising in a park while listening to an ipod.Oblivious to her surroundings due to her concentrating on her activities and the ear plugs from the ipod in her ears, she was dragged into trees and sexually assaulted.

Its a chilling reminder of the sickos we share our community with but something that does happen and we all need to be aware of it especially young women.

Yeah, there are some sickos out there...

But I don't have to worry - I got my Dad's genes and no one eager to take on a six-foot, wide shouldered girl who has a habit of picking up walking sticks :p My suggestion would be to do the same - at the start of your walk, pick up a stick that's at least arms length. That, or carry a hunting knife on a belt.

(I should mention I walk through Ipswich)

You're right Em. They are everywhere. I live in a small dot of a place that is only busy at holiday time. But we have a resident weirdo. He has been stalking me for near on 8 years now even though he has been warned by my partner, mates & the cops. I have pointed him out to my kids & have alerted the local community centre. He follows girls down the main street of a nearby "town" and has been warned by the whole male pub punters but still he persists. Trust NO-ONE! That is my advice. And if you have a dog, always take him/her with you when you go for a walk. So glad you are safe Em! xx

Yeah, there are some sickos out there...

But I don't have to worry - I got my Dad's genes and no one eager to take on a six-foot, wide shouldered girl who has a habit of picking up walking sticks :p My suggestion would be to do the same - at the start of your walk, pick up a stick that's at least arms length. That, or carry a hunting knife on a belt.

If i remember correctly, a recent study done proved that most people who carry a knife end up getting attacked with their own knife !!
Also if you did use a knife you end up being charged too !!

A stick yes....take the dog...and stay in places where theres always people around or in hearing distance

If i remember correctly, a recent study done proved that most people who carry a knife end up getting attacked with their own knife !!
Also if you did use a knife you end up being charged too !!

A stick yes....take the dog...and stay in places where theres always people around or in hearing distance

I am always taking the dog from now on, and I'm changing my running path. I also always make sure I am near a road and it's in full daylight. Stopped taking my iPod ages ago as well. Definately being more aware from now on.

It's sad but true that there are more mentally disturbed people out there than we all think

Since I work in a field that involves talking to 1000's of people I have an inside view of

just how many there are around.

It's shocking to say that a percentage of these callers exhibit pedophile tendencies...

And even sadder is that these numbers are on the increase of late. :evil:

It's such a sad. sad world when one can't just go out for a walk without feeling like they're being followed/menaced!!!!!!
As a kid in England (a COUPLE of sleeps ago...ahem!!) I would go out at breakfast, and unless hungry for lunch, wouldn't return till tea............. no one worried. As a kid., I could go anywhaere I wanted as long as I stayed within whistle-distance of home (my dad would give the loudest whistles with two fingers between his teeth/lips!!!!! the entire area knew Bev was being summoned home!!!!!!

We would play for hours without a care............... stranger danger existed, but nowhere near what it is today............... my daughter reminisces about when she and a mate in the same street would go out for a couple of hours on their bikes, within certain parameters of a kilometre or so, but there was no worries, she would stay there, and felt safe............. she'd climb trees, etc....... but nowadays, her little girl of the same age isn't even allowed out the front gate!!!!!!! What a sad, sad sign of the times!!!!!!!!

............ KEEP THE DOG WITH YOU!!!!!!!! AND YELL A WARNING ABOUT THE DOG IF YOU FEEL CLOSELY THREATENED!!!!!!!!

Hey Em, please no giving your mum heart attacks mmmmkay? :shock:

Jokes aside, I'm glad you're okay and that you didn't have to learn the hard way. When I first moved here I was a bit blase about personal security, since it was quieter than anywhere else I've lived and seeminly more "friendly" I didn't give too much thought to locking doors while I was home, walking at night etc. I do now though, after Kat. What I can't get over about this place though, even after what happened, is the amount of times you'll be driving through town at night and see young girls wandering about at all hours on their own or in groups of two in areas where there's really nowhere nearby you could run to for help if need be. Walking in well lit areas isn't much good if the only person on the road other than you is the one person you don't want to run into if you get my drift.

Hey Em, please no giving your mum heart attacks mmmmkay? :shock:

Jokes aside, I'm glad you're okay and that you didn't have to learn the hard way. When I first moved here I was a bit blase about personal security, since it was quieter than anywhere else I've lived and seeminly more "friendly" I didn't give too much thought to locking doors while I was home, walking at night etc. I do now though, after Kat. What I can't get over about this place though, even after what happened, is the amount of times you'll be driving through town at night and see young girls wandering about at all hours on their own or in groups of two in areas where there's really nowhere nearby you could run to for help if need be. Walking in well lit areas isn't much good if the only person on the road other than you is the one person you don't want to run into if you get my drift.

I try not to,but it's her natural defence! Yeah, I know, complete shock with Kat Daley

unfortunatly predetors are on the increase as the population grows so do the sickos and bad people nothing anybody can do about it tho except educate educate educate

Sorry to be the spelling police but I think its actually spelt 'castrate'

I am always taking the dog from now on, and I'm changing my running path. I also always make sure I am near a road and it's in full daylight. Stopped taking my iPod ages ago as well. Definately being more aware from now on.

Well done ems, nice to see youve got a sensible head on those shoulders. To many sickos out and about these days & when they get caught they just get a smack on the hand.

Tsubakai:
Sorry to be the spelling police but I think its actually spelt 'castrate'

LMAO....very good.:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back