Just an idea for my bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkbones

Reaction score
image.jpg So I might be able to get this for free and was thinking of altering it a to put my bredli in sometimes. I thought of covering the bottom with fake turf or marine carpet and adding a heap of branches. Where the tin roof starts add like a ceiling that runs half the length of the cage so he could go up high and hide. Thinking of getting a frame made to fit inside the large front face and hinge it to the existing frame so the whole front becomes a large door.this would be to put him in on the odd day.maybe even left outside every now and then during summer..yes there would be a water bowl and hide down on the ground and this would be kept under the entertainment area outside so not in any direct sun. If you have / or know anyone that has used a bird cage for the same thing any feed back would be good. If you have any cons in doing this can you plz explain why. Cheers

I borrowed 1 very similar to that from the guy next door last summer to put our big coastal in for a couple of hours outside while we had the exterminator in to get rid of our Bondi Butterflys, i put some boat carpet on the bottom of it and wired some boat carpet on the back and 2 sides, i put her regular water bowl and hide in there so she would feel almost at home, 1 thing i did not think about was the mesh on the front of the cage and from trying to push her head through the mesh she damaged her nose and bottom lip which thankfully healed up with no later problems but it is something to look at :) ................................Ron

I borrowed 1 very similar to that from the guy next door last summer to put our big coastal in for a couple of hours outside while we had the exterminator in to get rid of our Bondi Butterflys, i put some boat carpet on the bottom of it and wired some boat carpet on the back and 2 sides, i put her regular water bowl and hide in there so she would feel almost at home, 1 thing i did not think about was the mesh on the front of the cage and from trying to push her head through the mesh she damaged her nose and bottom lip which thankfully healed up with no later problems but it is something to look at :) ................................Ron

yes that was 1 of the things I was concerned about. Thanks

Hey just because of my 1 bad experience don't let it dampen your enthusiasm, lot's of people keep Diamonds and Coastals in outdoor aviary's full time with no problems at all. in fact the mother of my big girl was in an outdoor aviary and she had no damage, just keep in mind it could happen if your Bredli decided to attempt an exit through the little holes :) .................................Ron

Hey just because of my 1 bad experience don't let it dampen your enthusiasm, lot's of people keep Diamonds and Coastals in outdoor aviary's full time with no problems at all. in fact the mother of my big girl was in an outdoor aviary and she had no damage, just keep in mind it could happen if your Bredli decided to attempt an exit through the little holes :) .................................Ron

It was always a concern I had. But thought plenty of branches and hides up high and low it may reduce the need for him to look for a way out.thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back