just shows people arent always who they make out to be

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

polymorphene

Not so new Member
Reaction score
To All on the list,

I have been burnt by these people, Keith Vincent & Shauna Johns, formerly of Freshwater, Cairns. They ordered and took possession of a pair of jungles from my breeding this year. When the snakes were sent, they said they would deposit the money on the same day....didn't happen. This was the 21/1/03. Now they have moved and I have no way of recouping my money ($1051 inc freight which I also paid).

If anyone on this list receives any enquiries from these people about buying snakes, please ensure you are not stupid like me and only send them once you have the money in your hand.

To Keith & Shauna, I hope you have no future in this hobby. I sent the snakes in good faith ( a stupid move) as I have never had problems before. I have not even received an import permit/movement advice which they also said was in the mail. Does this mean they have breached the act??? Anyway, everyone learn from my mistake and DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE @#$%&* people!

regards,
Darren Boswell

copied from australian herps list.

i trusted those people and there is alot more than just this that they have done... :x

im wondering now if "shauna and keith vincent" even exist. Was that just a good alias to rip people off before moving?

:( I had a lot of conversations with shuana & thought her to be a nice person,but i seen some photos that suggested a few things were not quite right.I was going to send some lizards up there aswell but when things didnt add up i stopped contact.I hope there is a good explination for the things you have done & the lies you have told.I feel as if i was beeing set up for a fall as she was moving she wanted my address. :evil:

It's kinda hard to believe someone would go to all that trouble. :( Wish there was some way we could let the authorities know so they could get screwed over themselves...It'd be funny if they ever came back to the site.. :twisted:

Hopefully it'll come back 10 fold :D

some more fuel to the fire from paul berridge.....

however it's true that you cant beleive everything you read..
we tryed to supply photos of animals to both the police and the parks
department and were told that no officail complaint had been made . so in
the wash up neither department requested the photos.
have since been told some of the suposedly stolen animals were later found
free range in the house. There is also other things on a legal/personal
level which we do not want to discuss at this time.
cheers paul.

also copied from australian herps list

I can't believe it :shock: Are these the same people that went off their noggins at Paul? The same people who were bitching about being hammered by other members? The same people who were supposedly leaving the site because they'd apparently 'lost' heaps of herps?

I can't believe someone would involve themselves in our little community them rip people off :evil: I'm with Erin...I hope they totally screwed over themselves. ***wipes...

Mel x

Have you checked if there is a permit under these peoples names?
If they have one,you could get the authorities to track them down and examine their collection.
You could also check with the Cairn's Post Office if these people have a redirection for their mail.Or simply if the old address was correct for the names you were given.
There are other ways to track them down as well.

And what is this 'Australian Herps List'?

Mel x

It's a Yahoo! group. I'm a member there too, but don't frequent it too often..I'm a member of too many lists these days.

yep the same people...we saw pics in their gallery, was meant to be the "stolen" snakes and the dates were 8 days AFTER the snakes were supposedly stolen...how stupid were they, didnt they notice the dates on the pics b4 posting them? we were suspicious of them after that.

I can't comment on what I don't know about, ie, this whole jungle thing or any stollen herps, etc. etc.

What I can comment on (albeit rather cryptically) is Shauna reaching out to the community here... and she dug about twice as deep as the rest of us on that occasion.

I had a few email chats with Shauna, I think she seems like a nice lady. I truly hope there is an explanation for this and that what seems to be is actually not....

good idea greebs but how do i find all that out? i think all of her info would be covered by the privacy act.

i wish it wasn't like it is too nicole but you can be any one you like on the net, its so easy to fool people...please tell me you or anyone else didnt give your home address to her?? she was asking around for adresses of people, she gets no trust from me now.

Have you checked the white pages to see if the old address is in there?
I may be able to find out if they are getting their mail redirected but can't promise anything.

i dont have a QLD phone book(as im not in QLD)...anyone got one? :?:

Can't you look at the white pages online?

im not defending her in any way but are you sure she got the snakes?
i found it odd that when she said she was brocken into that only 1 hatchling was taken who would got to all that effot for one baby snake. :?

no sarahbell, more snakes were taken and yes she got the snakes, she showed us pics when she got home from picking them up...they were jungle hatchlings and dated that day

there si no listing for shauna johns but several for keith vincent..one of which is in freshwater, where they were.

i know of an adult diamond and a gravid snake that were taken, there is others, i cant remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back