King Cobras - animal planet.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: fair enough guys.. I guess it really depends on the species etc.. Im not advocating handing new born vens by the way.. I think they should all be handled with extreme care.. just relating a story that happened and what I was told about the rattlers by the head keeper at the time at taronga. maybe I got off lucky.. but I dont think he would have done that if there was a real risk.. well at least I hope not :lol:

Gee that must of been some time ago Colin! Just imagine if it was done these days and the media found out... I have mates that handle new born adders like lollies... not for me though, I don't want to be the "so unlucky one" .

Gee that must of been some time ago Colin! Just imagine if it was done these days and the media found out... I have mates that handle new born adders like lollies... not for me though, I don't want to be the "so unlucky one" .

It was Jason. around 1991 or 1992 I think..
around the time when a mutual friend that is also on APS used to work as a keeper at Taronga Zoo :lol:

It was the best time Ive ever spent at the zoo and the best behind the scenes Ive been to.:D we were also allowed inside the big reticulated pyhon enclosure to check them out up close.. and inside the off dispaly anaconda room where that monster used to be in the packing case on top of a spa bath.. thats the closest Ive ever been to a large anaconda without glass in between. lucky it didnt grab one of us and coil seeing we were about 18 inches to 2 feet away from its head whle it checked us out.. went inside the customs / quarantine area too which was out of bounds even then.. but it was cool having a mate with a key :lol: some boas and bull snakes in there as I remember too.. other herps at the zoo at the time were hatchie gtp's reds and yellows.. also got to handle the iguanas and heaps of other herps in those days.. those were the days mate :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back