Kittens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to see why no licence is required for cats.
Dogs have to be licenced and if off your property can be locked up and you have to pay to get them back.
Cats have no licence and are allowed to wander at will.
I rang the council to find out what I can do about cats coming into my back yard, they said nothing, all I am allowed to do is remove them from the yard.
Absolutely ridiculous situation. I bet if we made people pay $50pa for a cat licence, most of them would no longer want cats.

Feed every cat you find to you snake, ill love to hear about it.

saying things like that is just gonna p*ss people, like me, off :evil:

you dont need a licence as such for dogs in victoria, all u need is registration which you need for cats too...

Magpie said:
I rang the council to find out what I can do about cats coming into my back yard, they said nothing, all I am allowed to do is remove them from the yard.
quote]

you could put your big python in the yard at this time

I did a uni subject called Wildlife Management, did you know that feral cats are responsible for 90% native mammalian extinctions under the weight of 5kgs. Shocking isn't it~pinkie

Im sure those figures came from "the experts", never-the-less I beleive habitat destruction by humans had alot more to do with it! Thats not to say i think cats are innocent, they do kill lots of wildlife, but habitat destruction kills more IMO. consider Tasmanias "scorched earth"policy!
poison Everything, then clear it to the ground, because loggers need jobs! pffft!

Yeah Wattso those figures do come from the experts, not "the experts". I have read papers written by and been lectured by well known and qualified scientists and zoologists who actually research this stuff as a living, so I'm sure this is fairly accurate, moreso than your own opinion on the matter... What do you do for a living again Wattso?

Like it or lump it sweetheart! its my opinion. you can line up your experts from here to peru, I still say habitat destruction is more to blame for mammalian extinctions in aus the last 200 years. Introduction of non-native species also accounts for habitat destruction! Cattle/sheep etc
23_1_111.thumb.gif

has everyone heard about the man in kernell who had his croc taken off him. he fed a nebour's cat to it once!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
hahahaha!!

Fair enough.
I hate cats!
If I see one of the road at night, I consider him fair game.
I know so many ppl who don't get there cats desexed. Just look at all the bloody kittens to give away in the papers all the time.
They are just a cuter version of the cane toad!!
That's just my healthy vibrant opinion.

Craig your avatar is disturbing, whenever i see it I think John howard!
780_G.thumb.gif
lol

actually cat count for 90% of desert/arid mammals, reptiles and bird exstinction (quote Qld Museum), however to agree with wattso, habitat destruction is the single most killer of Australian wildlife, it doesn't matter how many cats running around killing things if the habitat is not there then the species depended on it will not be either. if you look at it closely humans are the scum of wildlife devastation...all feral animals were introduced to australia by us, we clear the land for cattle by us....we are at fault not the cats, horses, pigs, foxes, camels, canetoads and the list goes on. Pinkie just chill your lecture maybe right in some way but souly to say that cats are the biggest problem is sort sighted and lacking the knowledge of the whole ecosystem destruction, or you have just misunderstood him

Killing a cat is magnificent fun.

ok can we shut up about this now? to someone who likes cats and ALL animals for that matter it aint that pleasant to hear of the a**holes that actually enjoy killing them.

think before you type.

I agree zoe....did you see the t-shurt thats aid "Save your wildlife....shoot a cat".... :roll:

hey zo....

got three kttens at the moment that were dumped at the council... they are only four days old... have a home for one know of anyone that wants one at all.... two are tortise shell (females)and one black (male) one of the females and the male dont have a home yet.

have to see if they keep feeding first but all looks good at the moment

Don't think much of cats myself.Still couldn't feed a cat to a snake though.
Most people don't know what their cats are up to when they're at work, not at home and their cats not inside.The cats are out doing what comes naturally to them and hunting and killing our birds, reptiles and wildlife in general.

Does anyone actually own a cat they could put their pet juvie herp next to without the cat attacking or chaasing it :?: Just interested :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back