Kittens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i will ask my dad matt - he was thinking about getting another one.

no worries they are cute as a button would keep one ourselves but i already have a zoo

just dont give any to anyone on this site! :?

to someone who likes cats and ALL animals for that matter it aint that pleasant to hear of the a**holes that actually enjoy killing them.

think before you type.

Well said Zoe!
4_3_5.thumb.gif

dont worry about that they will go to good homes only

i am so proud.

spoke to dad - he would luv one but doesnt think he should get one until he is in his own place :(

i dont like cats very much cos they dont like me. but i dont think i will ever feed one to a snake. our neighbour moved out last year and left their pregant cat behind. it had kittens and we had to catch all of them in a possum trap.

Cats are lovely animals but really don't belong here but it isn't thier fault, we invited them. As for feeding them to pythons, I think that there is a huge and untapped reptile food source. Thousands are put down each week by animal welfare groups every week (and what a horrible job that would be). Pity they can't be sold on as python food, but could you imagine the screams, wailing and gnashing of teeth that would occur when the media found the "story".

It is a horrible job fuscus. I would have no objection to euthanised strays sold on as herp food but the problem lies with the method of euthanasia. The most common and humane method id intravenous Barbiturate . this may be a bad thing for the reptiles.

it is a bad thing for them. the vet i used to work for euthanased her parents cat with a barbituate and unfortunately the dog dug it up after it was buried and ate it :?

it was drunk for about a week

Ew, twice as horrible for your parents. I take it the dog recovered though? I hope so anyway. A reptile might be a very different story, possibly fatal.

yeah it recovered - just staggered around for a week which would be pretty unpleasant for the dog :?

Geez, a whole week. must take a long time to leave a dogs system. must of eaten alot of cat too, or the vet used alot of barbiturate maybe. poor dog. out of curiosity ,is it a small dog?

sorry wattso dunno what type of dog but most likely a kelpie size at least cos its a farm dog

Yeah BROWNS i can put my cat next to my snakes and it wont attack. i dont really like cats but mine is ok. it used to catch bush turkeys when it was young but now seems disinterested in killing.it also used to bring in snakes (browns, green trees and red bellies mostly) and just put them on the ground in front of me. never saw it kill one but who knows. it used to be feral but i shot its mother not realising she had kittens. it helps me look for snakes on our property (20 acres) but never actually touches them anymore. its been bitten on the nose a couple of times so steers clear.

Was curious is all, smaller dog might take longer to rid its system of a barbiturate dose. Or might be effected worse. Anyway glad its ok. :wink:

i was gunna get a kitten for my diamond but the pet shop said no hahahahahaha didnt tell em what the ginea pigs were for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back