knob tail shedding issue..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newcomer

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a two month old smooth knob tail gecko and am unsure what to do about his shedding. I am new at this, but I have read that if any skin gets caught around their eyes it can get infected. He has unshed skin across the top of his head & around his left eye, and there is one piece sticking up over his eye.

I read that you can get a q-tip and help them out, but he's so little i would have alot of trouble getting a good grip on him and i dont want to hurt him. Then again I dont want him to become ill, either.

Have attached photo, the light bit on his head and around his eye is the skin.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 72
try misting hiim daily and see if that helps, when i first got my rough knobbies one had a bad shesd, i misted her daily and tried to rub at it gently once it was soaked in but it stayed stuck and came off perfectly in the next shed.

make sure u either mist ur gex regularly or that tehy have a steamy hide to help with shedding problems.

They need a humid hide. I use sealed terracotta pot bases, the sand under the hide should be kept damp, the rest of the sand and the enclosure in general should be dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back