Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Often breeders of many species of diurnal lizards (bearded dragons, ridge tail monitors, etc) state they don't use UV lighting and have no problems. Usually they make no secret of the fact they do use the appropriate form of calcium and ratio in their reptile's diet (pure D3 and calcium gluconate) hence calcium metabolism is established without extra UV lighting. However, if they simply say they don't use UV then misunderstanding occurs, and newbies think that the calcium obtainment part of husbandry can be skipped.

When at all did I say that I would be going to Petstop on Saturday? Now, Lambert, you seem happy to badmouth the man openly on an internet forum but have you brought up your issues with him personally? I have known the man (not going to name names) for a few years now and he is rather knowledgeable and sources animals from breeders of high repute in this hobby (so I'm sure he himself learns from some of the best). Also, if it is unfortunate that you will be going there on Saturday, why? If you don't like it there, don't go, easy.

Also, judging by prior posts of yours, and your signature, you don't actually own any reptiles, specifically lizards. Therefore, how can you make a judgment in regards to the care of lizards and reptiles when you yourself have bugger all experience and no personal observations to compare to..? Yeah you could have read all the books and internet posts in the world
Infact, i may not own any beardies as of yet but that does not mean i haven't had any first hand experience with them. i have looked after beardies for a while for others and learned off of my friends and since living in gawler i have actually heard things from trustworthy sources not the internet or reviews in magazines. about said shop and have recently cancelled my booking to take my brother to the pagent! I'm not out to bad mouth anyone. you don't know me, what i'm like or anything about me at all or what my history is with reptiles, just because i don't own any doesn't mean i have no experience.

First of all, get your facts straight, I never claimed to know anything about you, I couldn't care less about you, I said based on prior posts, learn to read.
Secondly, you claimed that the cat knows more, to me that comes across as though you are bad mouthing them and there knowledge.

Finally, when did I claim to be going to Petstop on Saturday?

this is based on my dealings with them. they have been rude, disrespectful and unhelpful and seemed unknowledgable in the products for sale. if you have had good dealings with them good on you but this is going by my experience pfft! when i go into a petstore i generally expect the people that work there to know about the products and animals they're selling, if not then why work there. if the expert has changed since last time i was there i'll apologise but as far as i know the last guy i dealt with was rude and all i was doing was looking...not touching. i didn't ask to hold any, i patted the catand left.

"
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Dipcdame
Apparently, Bearded Dragons DONT need UV, and hand out such advice freely to any poor newbie who will listen,.

junglepython2

Yes, but then I was told that they cycle them outdoors. what am I supposed to believe?"

I'm told that they cycle them outdoors, what am I supposed to believe?

"
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Dipcdame
Apparently, Bearded Dragons DONT need UV, and hand out such advice freely to any poor newbie who will listen,.

junglepython2

Yes, but then I was told that they cycle them outdoors. what am I supposed to believe?"

I'm told that they cycle them outdoors, what am I supposed to believe?

Peter, being only a newbie at owning beardies, I'm not sure on that terminology too, but as a new beardie owner, it is now my responsibility to find out, and include that in my two scaly babies regimen ................. IF it demonstrates some form of logic for doing so, and would benefit them. (Heading off to google it right now.............. there goes another half a day in study!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back