lace monitor regurgitating new

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuttinloose88

Not so new Member
Reaction score
sorry people my mate matty has got a bit mixed up im brad the person that owns it..
ok ill explain the prob i had in detail it will make more sense..

when i first got him he was a bit skiny with a sizable wound on his right side edge of belly initially i thought that this could have been the problem...but wasn't..
to start the enclosure is approx 1400x1500x550 and has sand floor it has a uv fluro and two lights for heating, a 100wat flood light and a 100wat uva/uvb, hides and branches everywher.
[wondering what is this heat gun you were talking about?? croc doc]
ok ive been feeding them both pinkie mice, half grown mice, roo mince and chunks of roo steak, pigeon eggs, the odd ghekko and skink... the mince and meat ive put a bit of multi-v into the middle of.. i alos have never fed these guys vegies lol.
now this feller wouldn't eat ant of this or very lilttle and very fussy eater for the first couple weeks which hit alarm bells,i already wormed these guys too...... the first time i decided to feed him a mouse he threw it up app 2hr later, gave it day or two and tried another now this 1 he kept down so i feed him another the next day thinking he'd be still hungry and he threw it up with in 4hrs and i also noticed fur and a bit of bone from mouse day before not too sure if he threw that up as well or his crap, it looked like it wasn't digesting properly.. this is when i took him to a vet which suggested that there was an inbalance of good and bad bacteria causing this and gutload should fix it and to use the other laceys crap as guload... i never did this dont worry, but i did mix a bit of gutload that you get in ur criket boxes with there meat.. didn't seem to be helping.. i ended up doing bit of research because no 1 could tell me with out getting a sample of crap which was hard because he had nothing in his guts to crap... neway i found that canker of the guts can cause the same symptoms of wat this guy was having so ended up treating him with doses of EMTRYL which worked he started eating again and became alot more lively and seems to still be getting beter..
if any of you guys have another solution would be good to no please.. i also have a little problem with my other lacey now maybe respitory ive posted another thread for this please have a look
thanks alot brad

[wondering what is this heat gun you were talking about?? croc doc]
A heat gun or Non-Contact Infra Red Thermometer is a laser sight pointer which gives quick and easy heat readings at any point you point at in the enclosure so you can get readings under the basking points and cooler areas rather than getting one reading from a thermometer in one fixed point in the enclosure. The fixed point generally gives you the background air temp.
Here is a link to an example of one.
http://www.normist.com.au/cgi-bin/s...2.22062*To1RS6&p_id=60058&xm=on&ppinc=search2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back