Lacie pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dickyknee

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Went up to Symbio again today , so snapped a few quick pics .

17-102009LacieSymbio2web.jpg

17-10-2009LacieSymbioweb.jpg

17-10-2009LacieSymbio3web.jpg

17-10-2009LyrebirdSymbioweb.jpg

17-10-2009BeardieSymbioweb.jpg

17-10-2009Symbioweb.jpg

I would kill for an albino peacock!!! :D

Oh nice lizard things as well....

That Lacey is so beautiful. I want to get one, but have to wait for a while as I don't have a class 2 license just yet. Maybe one day...

Great pictures Brett,i thought you would enjoy the Lacie pictures Serp.Love the 3rd picture of the Lacie....Very nice..MARK

Thought the black/blue eye was odd ;)
Yep....the easiest to spot give away.

Unlike albinism, leucisim does not affect the pigment of the eye so the eye remain normal colours as optical pigmentation is controlled seperately to hair/skin/feathers. Albinism affects ALL pigments, so the eyes go red do to the blood vessels underneath showing through becuase the pigment no longer covers them.

I prefer the looks of most leucistic animal to albinos.

awesome pics...wish i could take pics like that..have the camera but not the skill

not wanting to get into an argument but I reckon the peacock is also Leucistic not albino...they are reasonably common..saw a few in wildlife sanctuaries in tassie recently...(sorry the only reptiles out in beginning of Sep in Tassie were the black Tigersnakes..all the others were still in their hides...too cold).if you look at the photo of the peacock it seems as tho it has normal dark coloured eyes....but in any case, great photos Dickynee.

not wanting to get into an argument but I reckon the peacock is also Leucistic not albino...they are reasonably common..saw a few in wildlife sanctuaries in tassie recently...(sorry the only reptiles out in beginning of Sep in Tassie were the black Tigersnakes..all the others were still in their hides...too cold).if you look at the photo of the peacock it seems as tho it has normal dark coloured eyes....but in any case, great photos Dickynee.

It is leucistic , and i think you'll find JasonL was just stirring Josh ;)

hahah ok Then I would like an leustic OR albino...
Haven't even looked at its eyes.

I may be wrong but I think only albino humans dont have the pink eye...but many have pale blue eyes....One thing I learnt is that most albinos of any species have very poor vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back