lacie question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckoskin

Reaction score
hey everyone.
ok, so to own a lacie u have to have a class 2, and their is criteria for that etc etc etc. i know u have to have owned a monitor before that, as they are hard to keep or whatever.
my mates son has 2 lacies, a normal and a bells, both at 30cm. he doesnt have the class 2, and i have no clue as to how he got them. he has them tame, they eat from his hand etc etc, never bite.
so if he gets his class 2 in a few years, will he be able to licence them in any way? and will that count as his experience, so he can buy them?

Does he at least have a class 1?

If he is keeping them without any licence at all, he can't simply acquire the class 2 licence and then suddenly they are legally acquired animals.

Supposing he has the class 1 licence, I'm not sure if the NPWS actually pay attention to what's going on, but it is possible they were sold to him without the seller caring that he only had a class 1 licence, and it's gone unnoticed by NPWS.

He has acquired them illegally and will not be allowed to bring them onto a legal system no.....
and by the sounds of it he is an idiot " eating from hand " "tame" it is only a matter of time.

i think he has a class 1, im not sure... would they still count tho? instead of having to keep something like v. acanthurus or tristis, would they count as his experience?

i think he has a class 1, im not sure... would they still count tho? instead of having to keep something like v. acanthurus or tristis, would they count as his experience?
No because they are being illegally kept, he could keep them for 10 years he still would not be able to upgrade to a class 2 and put them on licence.

Monitors_R_Us, what do you mean by it is only a matter of time?

- - - Updated - - -

ok thanks :)
ill let him know, he is a bit stupid lol

Monitors_R_Us, what do you mean by it is only a matter of time?

- - - Updated - - -

ok thanks :)
ill let him know, he is a bit stupid lol

Google search in images " lace monitor bite " and that was apparently a glancing bite.
People should never ever get too complacent around such amazing creatures.

If the animals in question have no traceable "history" (as in who bred them, who you aquired them from), OEH will be all over him like a rash!

Who is OEH?

Office of Environment & Heritage. They are the ones responsible for reptile licensing in NSW.
Your friend is an irresponsible pet owner. Government generally doesn't look kindly on people breaking the rules and/or acting irresponsibly. They certainly don't reward it by allowing them to bypass the system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back