Lamp burn

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crikeymate

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My snake has a burn from one of my ceramic globes. How do I treat this, and yes I do have covers over the globes.

Take it to the vet, youll find it difficult to get antibiotics any other way.

Bathe the area in Iodine (you can get this from a Pharmacy if you need to buy some), making sure the wound is clean. Then apply Betadine Ointment or Silvadine Cream. Reapply the betadine/silvadine to the wound regularly. How serious is it? Post a pic if you can.. ceramic globes aren't very forgiving. You may wish to visit a vet.

regards,
Lockie

depending how bad the burn is...

vet is a good idea if it is bad...
i have heard some human anticeptic creams are ok too if the burn is not to bad..
A few sheds might get rid of it too..

as for the covering of the lamp?

unless you want more burns its probebly a good idea :)

My snake has a burn from one of my ceramic globes. How do I treat this, and yes I do have covers over the globes.
have u got pics of the burnt snake , so then pepole can see how bad the burn is .
as for the ceramic heat emitter/globe i dont understand how the snake could get burnt if it was caged . unless the cage is the wrong size and is too close to the heat source.

I'd say vet too, ceramics are ridiculously hot on contact, it sounds as if maybe your cover is to close to the emitter ? maybe think about a bigger cage for it.

LOL snap Jas

as for the ceramic heat emitter/globe i dont understand how the snake could get burnt if it was caged . unless the cage is the wrong size and is too close to the heat source.[/QUOTE]
I say the light cage only got put on after the poor snake got burnt.I cant see how it couldve got burnt if there was a cover over the light.Depends on how serious the burn is,vet trip or the medications already been mentioned.Make sure the wound is keeped clean at all times...It will take a little while to heal properly..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back