Land Mullets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is starting to become some sort of horror story

I photographed this successfully housed colony today at a very private collection in extremely natural surrounds......

Attachments

• DSCF0800.jpg
    DSCF0800.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCF0802.jpg
    DSCF0802.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCF0809.jpg
    DSCF0809.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCF0810.jpg
    DSCF0810.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 107
Reminds me of something else all Natuuraal.. Ahhh funny Salope haha :p;)

cool looking animals, never seen them before.. never even heard of them actually..

That was a heat of the moment reflex action lol.... AND i know what 'Salope' is.. :twisted: If i didnt already have infractions you'd get a verbal *** kicking :p..

they are cool though!!

View attachment 236703

Sorry about the bad photo, this one was quick and nipped back into hiding after this was taken. This is in Springbrook National Park, Twin Falls Circuit :)134.jpg

Last edited:
When I was a kid growing up in NSW we used to have a colony of approx 10 of them just in front of the chook pen, I remember trying to catch them all the time :lol:

they used to bask together regularly, however there 'nest' was in a large pile of sticks and fallen timber so there was plenty of opportunities for them to remain seperated at the best of times.

I still have memories of me as a 5yr old trying to use dads landing net with some raw mince on top to pick them up..........had a bloody hole in it, then they were smart enough to crawl underneath and eat it from the bottom, good times, always been one of my favourite skinks

any luck getting them together joe?????i just picked up an adult pr yesterday so fingers crossed they get on with my big girl

+1 !! I also picked up another adult pair 3 weeks ago & threw them in with the other female & zero problems....... my big aggressive male now lives inside by himself !!!!!!
I'll update with photos soon......

Last edited:
Glad you got some to get along joe. That big male was a like a little dinosaur - very impressive animal.

I know the Cunninghams was only mentioned right at the beginning of this thread, but I'm from near Brisbane in QLD, and my dad nearly killed one with his shovel while gardening! He brought it straight over and we had no idea what is was, so we searched and searched through our reptile books and finally found it. Obviously NOT a local breed so we were amazed when we found out what it was. And I just have to say, I have never seen any lizard bend a spoon the way it did, I'm glad it wasn't my finger! So you're crazy for keeping them, haha! Do these land mullets you have, have a strong bite as well?

Lovers !!!!

not the best image.... but the result I was looking for finally !!!!!

Attachments

• DSCF1034.jpg
    DSCF1034.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 33
Man those are cool. Jet black and A decent size sign me up for first clutch :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back