Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagerly awaiting more!

Do you do any/much work in photoshop after the shoot?

Also do you have your camera settings set to vivid or just add a bit of saturation in PS...lovely realistic vibrant colours!

Those are awesome pictures,great job,photos on here are always appreciated.The Dajarra death adders are stunning.

I do have my camera set on Saturation but I shoot in RAW so when I process with a RAW converter I tell it to remember that setting. I use a few programs to bring out the best in my images - in order are -

Capture NX2 (Process RAW files, correct colour balance etc)
DXO Optics Pro 5 (Optics And Geometry Corrections, Denoising)
Photoshop CS (Final tweaks where necessary, such as unwanted shadows on background, removing dust and sharpening final image)

Eagerly awaiting more!

Do you do any/much work in photoshop after the shoot?

Also do you have your camera settings set to vivid or just add a bit of saturation in PS...lovely realistic vibrant colours!

Fantastic shots! love the BHP, if only they held that colouration into adulthood!

some beaut shots there Shannon

cant wait to see the rest on your site im about to pop over there now :)

those woma and BHP shots are wicked the colouring on that BHP made me rub my eyes a few times lol

keep up the good work

Nice pictures. Note that Dajarra/Djarra is a place, not a type of snake, so you can't have a Dajarra Death Adder from Mt Isa ;)

Hi everyone,

Here are a few pics from my latest reptile photo shoot - Enjoy!
Still heaps more to come soon when I get a chance to upload.

© 2008 Shannon Plummer. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced without permission.

Dajarra Death Adder (Acanthophis sp.)
SPP_0538.jpg

Common Death Adder (Acanthophis antarcticus).
SPP_0511.jpg

SPP_0494.jpg

SPP_0487.jpg

Broad-Headed Snake (Hoplocephalus bungaroides).
Venomous snake native to Australia. Listed as Vulnerable by the IUCN 2.3
SPP_0438.jpg

Broad-Headed Snake (Hoplocephalus bungaroides).
Venomous snake native to Australia. Listed as Vulnerable by the IUCN 2.3
SPP_0429.jpg

A rather charismatic young Spotted Python (Antaresia maculosa).
SPP_0409.jpg

Black-headed Python (Aspidites melanocephalus).
SPP_0368.jpg

Black-headed Python (Aspidites melanocephalus).
SPP_0361R.jpg

Woma Python (Aspidites ramsayi), South Australia locality. Listed as Endangered by IUCN 2.3.
SPP_0338R.jpg

Woma Python (Aspidites ramsayi), South Australia locality. Listed as Endangered by IUCN 2.3.
SPP_0333R.jpg

SPP_0323.jpg

SPP_0318.jpg

You've got a good eye Shannon, probably two of 'em in fact . Great shots , thanks.

You do have talent behind a camera Shannon.
Ive checked your albums aswell, Outstanding Photos.

Gorgeous photos there Shannon. Love the 2nd last photo. You see lots of photos of snakes with their tongues out but that woma looks like he's poking his tongue out with a cheeky attitude lol

A saw a baby broadheaded yesterday. What a little cutie and how easy it could be to mistaken him for a diamond python. I have learnt, now, the different head shape between snakes and pythons but a year ago I wouldn't have been picked that broadheaded as a dangerous snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back