Legal Drinking Age

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Londos1990

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been hearing alot for awhile now about the push to move the legal drinking age to 21yo.

Im just wanting to know everyones opinions on this, are you for/against it.

Will it help/Change anything.

And what do you think it will achieve.

Cheers
Kyle

Wasn't the reason the "legal" age was reduced to 18 was for recruitment for war?

So im happy for the "legal" age to go back up to 21.

Doesn't matter to me either, i have past 18 if it comes into place it effects people younger then 18, they cant take it away from people they have already given it to, exact same roll out as the license changes, if you already had it you didn't need to do 120hours...

Im just curious on what people think about this topic.

I think they need to stop blaming everything on the younger kids.
Most of the trouble makers I see getting drunk and starting fights are 30+

But seriously when have laws like this ever worked? I was in playing pokies and betting on horses when I was 14:D

Lol yer tru Elapid

Yes, I think thats a great idea.... and get the kids out of the cars too......

Its only a minority that are doing the wrong thing tho, i am young and i consider myself a safe and responsible driver, yes sometimes i do a little over the speed limit in some cases but who doesn't? Taking into account where i am the road im on and the conditions.

Actually, how about we just wind back the years and you can only go to the Pub if you can grow a beard? that sounds good, so it's still OK if you are a manchild... though saying that, I'm 36 and still can't grow a good one....

May seem harsh but id only agree with that statement for the passengers

I am not meaning just drink driving, alcohol kills people and ruins lives in many ways... some repeat offenders do deserve to hit a tree driving alone imo too..... but society often creates problems that some people (esp those with young, inexperienced minds) find hard to resist.

I am not meaning just drink driving, alcohol kills people and ruins lives in many ways... some repeat offenders do deserve to hit a tree driving alone imo too..... but society often creates problems that some people (esp those with young, inexperienced minds) find hard to resist.

Very true.

I think the best thing the government could do is ban it all together. If people are that dependent on it than they need help in the first place.
It will never happen though. Too much money in it

So would banning cars,cigarettes,public transport,stairs,guns,kitchen knives.....etc etc

yes, but some of those things are a necessity to people, some are a necessity to a small amount of people and should be restricted as such... you can't stop people from being stupid, but you can decrease the numbers of.

Interesting thoughts, i won't say i don't half agree with you though Jason.... Elapid you 2...

Good points alround, no matter what gets said there is always an opinion that will come against it, is there ever a right answer to anything? lol

Very true.

I think the best thing the government could do is ban it all together. If people are that dependent on it than they need help in the first place.
It will never happen though. Too much money in it

exactly... just like cigarettes... Some people, many on this site I'm sure, cannot do without smoking, drinking and gambling.... none of which do a great deal of good for society as a whole.

This wont change ANYTHING..... there will still be under age drinkers..... You can't beat this unless alcohol was completely banned and that will NEVER happen. There fighting a battle that they cant win.

I heard something about that if your already 18 your in the clear?.... if your born before under the 90's you can still drink? ( I've just heard that i dunno if its real or not )...

This wont change ANYTHING..... there will still be under age drinkers..... You can't beat this unless alcohol was completely banned and that will NEVER happen. There fighting a battle that they cant win.

I heard something about that if your already 18 your in the clear?.... if your born before under the 90's you can still drink? ( I've just heard that i dunno if its real or not )...

LOL.... now thats the post I thought would make page 1 of the thread.... all the 18 year olds must be at the Pub betting on the cup eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back