Legal Drinking Age

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it changes i am going to be SO bummed....

But yes. If you're one of those people that thinks underage drinking is the work of the devil etc etc etc then prepare for your life to get a heck of a lot worse if they raise the drinking age. It's going to add a whole extra three years worth of people to the whole 'naughty underage drinking' bracket. So why bother? It's not doing so badly as it is. 18 is pretty good. If there are people who are going to be stupid enough to get trashed then get in a car well that's their fault. And no matter what the drinking age is, you're going to have people doing that anyway. SO no. It should not change. Ever. :)

in a way, i reckon it would be a good idea.
in another way, i think it would be hard to police.
would it mean that all the 18-19-20 yr olds would no longer be able to drink legally?
or would it just be those after/before a certain date?
imagine if you were born like a day late D: how much would you fume.

and if they just stop all people until they are 21, i think we'd have some revenge drinkers on our hands. Id be rather annnoyed if i was 20 and had been able to drink, and go clubbing and what-not for 2 years, then suddenly have the right taken off me.

On the other hand i can see why the Govt. wants to do it.

I think being able to do things like drinking, owning weapons and driving should based on individual testing. Age shouldnt be a factor once someone is legally resposible for their actions. Some humans cant drive well, some cant handle their drink and some are just psychopaths etc. The worst thing i do when drunk is repeat the same thing or type rubbish on internet forums. The way most behave when drunk is influenced more by culture and environemnt rather than the drinking.

Maybe If I was older Id say don't restrict teenagers, but because im mid 20s and go out clubbing still, Im for the ban, why? Because I hate seeing teenagers drunk on the street starting **** & thinking their tough asses. Trashing the place around maccas & being slobby and vile shouting annoying immature little shts. Especially can't handle the skanky 14 yr olds walking around george st sydney acting like they own the place - and cap wearing sk8ter looking teens hanging around 3 monkeys or hyde park/pitt st ..just sitting there drinking whiskey cause they think their hard asses...
Lets push the age limit to 21! lol

I recon i would love it. Not that i'm under any age now but it would be an awful lot of fun breaking the rules again lol.

Haha, I just imagined having to get my parents to get alcohol for me at the age of 20, how stupid! It won't stop anyone under 21 from drinking any way. But we all know it's not going to happen, it's just one of those things the government threatens to do but never will.

I was drinking since i was 12, the law never stops anyone who is keen enough.

And look what it's done for you - you require virtual hugs and dress up in pink tutus.

Education is such a delight :)

It's a shame that people believe alcohol is required for a good time (or drugs for that matter).

its all up to the parents and educators to teach kids responsible drinking habits.
and then up to the kids to follow those ideals.

incresing the age limit will just increase the number of underage drinkers. anybody who cant see that is blind.

And look what it's done for you - you require virtual hugs and dress up in pink tutus.

Education is such a delight :)

It's a shame that people believe alcohol is required for a good time (or drugs for that matter).

No you don't need to have drugs or alcohol to have a good time, but many situations it helps a lot!

lol i think once you feel the need to have drugs and alcoholo to have a good time you may need to a)consider taking a break
b) realise your a boring person
c) you may have a problem.

i will agree however that they can make a fun situation more fun. even if its only more fun for you.

Just on the driving note and what-not.

P-Platers and younger drives are more reckless.
Older drivers had less harsh testing and road rules when they got their licenses.

I think it's solved. Invent the teleportermajigger!

As for the legal drinking age: didnt effect me when I was 16, why would it effect me that I'm still not 21. =p

i say 21 should be the legal drinking age:evil::evil:

i think its more revenue raising. putting the age up wont stop the teenagers from drinking, it will enable the police to charge more of them with underage drinking and make more money from the fines.
i think its a stupid idea to put it up. i think if you are legally an adult at 18 then you should be able to drink at 18. u can drive a car at 16, i think thats worse, make everything 18 n there would be no probs.

I know a way to solve a few to a lot of car accidents. Don't change the drinking age, don't change the driving age.

Make it 0.000% Alcohol driving. None of this 0.05 **** and you can leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back