leucistic carpet python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That vid was posted 2 years ago, I am almost certain I read somewhere it died after a short while.
Same as the one that was posted last year

lucy.jpg
henry's is very much still alive and kicking also it was produced from using a jag male 100% het albino and a jag female with no albino in her at all.... not sure about the other tho

Last edited:
That one's more albino then Lucy especially around the head, I'm guessing that's the only reason its still alive.

will be good to see what happens once henry breeds it.

does anyone know what happen to the first one (ruby eyed) a guy from uk pythons claims he has seem it as an adult but i cant find anyone else that can confirm it

Last edited:
Wow is it just me or does the first one really have the colouring of a farm pig?

do they die because they are under developed eg lung or heart not formed correctly or is it the neruo problem where the brain just stops sending signals?

Haha love the post on the stimson one....2.58 minutes...top left hand corner...best part. Of course that relates to the female and her top ;)

Awesome vids tho!

As someone already said much more albino than leucistic, and this is most likely the reason it is still alive, i am pretty sure this mutation is called chimera, which is when twins rejoin/don't split correctly at early development stages. With the different sections of the animal having different dna.

Attachments

• albPie1.jpg
    albPie1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,118
  • Black-Cockatoo_Yellow-tailed2_Cook.jpg
    Black-Cockatoo_Yellow-tailed2_Cook.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 681
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 1,224
As someone already said much more albino than leucistic, and this is most likely the reason it is still alive, i am pretty sure this mutation is called chimera, which is when twins rejoin/don't split correctly at early development stages. With the different sections of the animal having different dna.
i agree with you the reason its still alive imo is because the albino is present. i dont think its as simple as chimera as only the father carried the albino gene and the mother was just jag, so the animal shouldnt display albino.... also you have put photos up of pied animals which is a variation of the albino gene and not chmera. im thinking paradox albinos may hold the key to breeding leucistic carpets.

The zorst is chimera,Pretty sure that "pied /sunglow" ball is chimera also I am not sure about the half lutino half normal black cockatoo but pretty sure it is an example of chimera also. Pied is a name for a color morph , chimera is a genetic condition.

thought this thread needs a bump would like to know if there is anything still happening with this

thought this thread needs a bump would like to know if there is anything still happening with this
the one of henry poiruns has died , i saw him confirm it on another vid , cant be bothered finding it at the moment though , sorry :) its on youtube though

Thanks mate can't say I'm suprised thoe
no worries , i remember on his vid he mentioned that one day it appeared fine and the next it was found dead cant say ive got any idea as to why they keep dying though leave that up to those who are actually breeding them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back