help on enclosure for adult stimson python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bundy07

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am currently building a new enclosure for my stimson python and have a few questions,
currently he is homed in a roughly 500 x 500 x 600 with a heat lamp on top which is controlled via thermostat to keep
hot end at correct temp at all times and has been more than happy for a few years, the new enclosure will be 700x500x500
and as it is taller a bit unsure as how to setup, I would like to go a more natural setup as in 14 hrs daylight and turn of heat lamp
for 10 hrs at night and only run a black light or blue light for viewing and create moonlight effect, both lights controlled on a timer
but still use the thermostat to control heat.
As per picture I am making a fake rock wall with heat lamp roughly 25cm above ledge on lefthand side which I may make lower and have
another light in centre for viewing and moonlight, I will have his hide down the bottom with water bowl with which I am considering making
that part of the rock wall then sand substrate for rest of enclosure, vents will be top and bottom and left to right do you think this
will be ok for him, and being as he is used to having heat lamp come on and off during the night will he be fine adjusting to no heat lamp at night,
Im assuming the enclosure will get some heat at night with viewing light.
Hopefully all that made sense, any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back