Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty simple to do the research, it was played down in america when the jags first came about in regards to the problems they have. Now it is accepted all jags will at some stage shows signs of it, the severity differs but it is a part of the gene. Give it 5 years and people will openly acknowledge it here. They are to new in australia for people to realise it thats all. Of course it was not a morph bred in australia. To try and say otherwise is pretty comical.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Some people are just still in denial that's all. :D:D

Mate you are wrong massively wrong...... trust me...... no offence intended..... just because you don't know who brought them in then it doesn't mean others don't & they are not going to give evidence to prove you wrong.... just accept it.... & I seriously mean no offence by my post.

Well, I wasn't trying to be so blatant, but anyway. Agreed.

Ian
Ive visited Jag breeders in Denmark Germany USA Canada Norway and England
Ive handled a couple of hundred adults and seen a lot more
Only in England do they try to deny that Jags can and do have potentially horrible defects

To breed defects deliberately is sometimes acceptable
IE to grow a fatter bigger or faster etc dog cat cow etc etc
Those defects are considered as attributes by most, but as defects by purists, and do not affect the mental condition of the animal

But to deliberately breed any animal where altering the colour also alters the brain and results in incurable Neurological problems may turn out to be a terrible mistake
I say incurable because that is the opinion of every responsible jag breeder I have met
All of them also agree that the neuro defects happen in many different degrees and some jags are virtually free of any visible signs
I know of 2 in Bali and 2 in Surabaya that are really beautiful animals with very few signs of neuro
But most of their hatchies have reverted back to more neuro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back