Licence breaches result in $3,000 fine

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst we are on the topic of licencing/paperwork. Why do we need to have a licence to keep domestic pets, 99.99% of the snakes we keep are so removed from wild it not funny. It seems ridiculous that we need to jump through hoops just to keep useless people in pointless jobs. Its not hard to keep/sell reptiles off licence. It is much easier then dealing with OEH. Just wish I had thought of it before getting my licence.

This was a result from a raid which was conducted by 4 employees and two detectives and at least a 6 month long investigation,although each offence was clearly written in my book minus import/export number.This is a good result considering the amount of raids conducted that day and the hundreds of man hours that went into this investigation.
P.s Don't do your paperwork and get a complementary car search everytime you travel.

This was a result from a raid which was conducted by 4 employees and two detectives and at least a 6 month long investigation,although each offence was clearly written in my book minus import/export number.This is a good result considering the amount of raids conducted that day and the hundreds of man hours that went into this investigation.
P.s Don't do your paperwork and get a complementary car search everytime you travel.

Wow, it took 6 people to look at a log book?

something intersting I heard from a friend recently.. "Keep a receipt book with the buyers name, postal address and AKL number, date & what was sold. give a copy to buyers"

This is what a mate of mine was told by the DECC who pinged him for some minor record book omission that he hadn't written up at the time :rolleyes: but had scribbled down on a sheet of paper inside the book.. They said if you have a receipt book with the above information even if your tardy with your record book the DECC cant touch you for omissions or failure to immediately write up your book..

not sure of the accuracy of this? does anyone know? but it might pay to write out a receipt at the time of sale just in case the entry doesn't go into the record book until later.

[deleted]

Lmfao, after all the input in this thread, you decide the best thing to do is promote your news article..?

Wake up to yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely with the amount of exotics, poaching and smuggled reptiles about, they have better things to do then nit pick over paperwork???

That is soo true. They waste time on little things like this and yet there is actual poaching and smuggling going on. God I hate my Tax $$$ going to waste.

What log book ?
still not got mine back...............
got a letter saying to do it on line the other day.
just gets better...........

Good gods this fancy is WAY overdue for it's own recognized national association that can combat this brand of bullsh**. This way we can stand together to fight for a common set of laws, nationwide. At the moment we are sitting ducks for every *brown shirt* petty government pencil pusher looking for a quick promotion.

something intersting I heard from a friend recently.. "Keep a receipt book with the buyers name, postal address and AKL number, date & what was sold. give a copy to buyers"

This is what a mate of mine was told by the DECC who pinged him for some minor record book omission that he hadn't written up at the time :rolleyes: but had scribbled down on a sheet of paper inside the book.. They said if you have a receipt book with the above information even if your tardy with your record book the DECC cant touch you for omissions or failure to immediately write up your book..

not sure of the accuracy of this? does anyone know? but it might pay to write out a receipt at the time of sale just in case the entry doesn't go into the record book until later.

I've been doing this with sales for awhile now.

Why are they publicising this guys business?, surely the $3000 fine was harsh enough without them needing to do this.

Good gods this fancy is WAY overdue for it's own recognized national association that can combat this brand of bullsh**. This way we can stand together to fight for a common set of laws, nationwide. At the moment we are sitting ducks for every *brown shirt* petty government pencil pusher looking for a quick promotion.

there is a NRKA group already formed and from my understanding it just needs some tweaking, a bank account and website before it goes public..

SHAME ON YOU DEC. You lot are a joke and need to pull your finger out, listen to what we, the people who pay so that your job can exist, are telling you!

Nice work governmental body. You've just taken one more giant leap towards driving keepers underground with your gestapo bullshit. Pathetic.

*giggle*

Last edited:
Did your licence get suspended jamgo? There's no mention of it in the infamous DECC/DECCW/DEC/OEH article

You might have been in the wrong this time, but the pathetic bureaucrats are in the wrong all the time.
Every NSW licenced reptile keeper should send their record books back to them with the message "we don't recognize you as our governing body - get your hands off our pets and look after wildlife instead".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back