Licence breaches result in $3,000 fine

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did your licence get suspended jamgo? There's no mention of it in the infamous DECC/DECCW/DEC/OEH article
my animals where place under a seizure in situ notice and was told they where now property of .......... but that was lifted, sofar I still have my licence.

Last edited by a moderator:
my animals where place under a seizure in situ notice and was told they where now property of .......... but that was lifted, sofar I still have my licence.

Cheers for the reply mate...god they're useless

Yet another example of how obsolete the "Authorities" are in this hobby. These animals are pets...never to be used in any sort of conservation effort, and as such makes these sort of exercises totally pointless.

It seems to me the only crime here is that the Authorities never received their $30 blood money for the import/export. The animals were legally held, and sent to another licensed keeper. This was also recorded in your fauna book. With the service we get off these parasites, $30 is grossly overpriced anyway.

Its time for these bloodsuckers to leave the hobby alone and concentrate their time and money (or should I say OUR money) into real efforts that contribute to conservation.

So, the good old Magistrate Richardson stated, “There is no doubt that these are serious offences which warrant a fine.

There is an intrinsic problem with Magistrate's Courts. My dear friend, a barrister told me once; "if you ever find yourself in a spot of bother, pray that you don't end up in front of a Magistrate. District or Supreme Courts are OK because they are presided by judges". Magistrates are not necessarily intelligent people, they are often appointed for political or other reasons and they're more than often incompetent in their role.

How can such petty misconduct as not having paperwork in order be a serious offence Your Honor Richardson?

I wouldn't be suprised if everyone on this site was guilty of lapse paperwork at some point or another, why were these people targeted... because they had vens someone dobbed them who had a grudge... there sounds like there is more to this story then being reported.

Saying that, it's a hell of a lot easier now it's electronic. It saved me the other day when I did a trade in the car park.. Police pulled us over and wanted to see paperwork etc. I luckily had my iPad there to show them the login etc.

Last edited:
gisllsy, consider editing you post before you become another easy target for the b*&%a%ds. You can only make transactions from the place the reptiles are kept and registered.

I think the online record may just give them more ammunition. As we are meant to record the transaction as soon as possible. I am sure they will be a to see when the information was added. What happens if you don't add the transaction for 2-3 days can we then be breaching their stupid rules. I really hate them. They are hopeless

After the original post and all the input that followed I have only this to add:

DEC if you're reading this; *slow claps* bra-vo ... :rolleyes: ... idiots.

someone dobbed them who had a grudge... there sounds like there is more to this story then being reported.

Dobbed isnt the right word. Some grub fed them a heap of rubbish about various people to try and save his own skin. The gullible investigators swallowed it all and consequently some unfortunate people were "visited". After a stack of wasted man power and tax payers money, they came up empty handed. To save face they then nitpicked on minor paperwork mistakes.

It smacks of incompetency on their part, but its what we've come to expect from them.

Last edited:
Speaking of lousy paperwork.... What about the time i first applied for a licence and had to wait about 10 weeks, even after numerous calls....
or wait wait, what about the time i applied for the import permit and it took about 6 weeks before i got one...

Putting all my details onto a computer should take about 5 minutes, not 10 weeks.

But no thats fine, your the DEC therefore are allowed to make your own rules, no worries.

gisllsy, consider editing you post before you become another easy target for the b*&%a%ds. You can only make transactions from the place the reptiles are kept and registered.

NSW they can leave your premise to trade, expos or vets. It comes under trade Waterrat. HOw are you suppose to do the transaction from where they are kept if they are interestate.

I don't know the details gillsy, there was a thread on that here some time ago and I believe the general understanding was that the "car park deals" were illegal unless you have a permit to take the animal(s) to that particular car park. I am just going by what I read here. ..... Probably shouldn't take it too seriously.. lol
I can say with utmost certainty that if I get caught with a snake at Mac's car park here in Qld, even with a Movement Advise in my hand, I end up in court.

there is a NRKA group already formed and from my understanding it just needs some tweaking, a bank account and website before it goes public..

I don't think that this NRKA is the answer colin. I arranged a cheque for $2000 for them over two years ago to help get things started. If after two years they are still waiting to open bank accounts and build a web site and such, then IMO they are not the right people for the job. I do agree that we need an Australian wide body, but the NRKA isn't that body, to much talk and no action from those guys.

Just wanted to say..I agree with all of the above comments. Licencing in NSW is just ridiculous..Fined 3000 for paperwork..? Mate DEC need to be fined for all their stuff ups! Believe me almost everything they touch they bugger up! & we are expected to just put up?
I support any group that are committed to making them change their ways.

reptile book 4 month late getting to me last year i was fined for being 2 month out $250 but lets not kid our selves some people have been dealing in wild caught reptiles and say they bred them for years , then want our sympathy when Decc do there thing Not saying this is the case here , just saying from what i have herd and know personally of some people , its wide spread i know of 5 people two from Vic and three from NSW that have packed up and moved to QLD because they were under the DECC radar all with venomous reptiles and some exotics. good by i say , most will hate this post but you cant get around the truth

Last edited:
Dobbed isnt the right word. Some grub fed them a heap of rubbish about various people to try and save his own skin. The gullible investigators swallowed it all and consequently some unfortunate people were "visited". After a stack of wasted man power and tax payers money, they came up empty handed. To save face they then nitpicked on minor paperwork mistakes.

It smacks of incompetency on their part, but its what we've come to expect from them.

I would like to add that there was a flow on effect extending across several state borders. One can only imagine the cost of all the operations involved.

Good old DEC LOL you cant carry on commercial activities in NSW LOL cant advertise reptiles for sale etc but its all happening anyway. Make an example out of a few little guys and ignore the obvious large ones.

I tend to stay out of political threads. I don't understand all the techincal crap anyway. But OMG it is so LOUD in here. I can just imagine the uproar from you lot if you were all in the same room. I imagine the room would be so noisy of yelling, abuse, protesting, and the pollies still don't give a rats.

Ok, I'm leaving now before I get abused for the crap coming out of my "mouth" lol

it say 5 buddy fixed it straight away , why do members always nit pic over small details . the reason why you have to say what is what is so they can use it against you , you as a keeper have to show what you have and what is in your book so they co-inside , it called self entrapment .

Dear DEC,
Can you please send me out my record book i returned last year and have repeatedly called you about so as you dont fine me $3300 the next time you show up at my door, if you do happen to show up at my door again can you please send an investigator that knows what a Green python and a lace monitor is to check my collection as i found that a bit pointless having to tell you what everything was, if its you that keeps opening my mail everytime i get a parcel sent from a herp supplies shop can you please stop that too and when i cross the boarder and you have the police search our car can you please ask them to do it in the shade this time.

Yours sincerely,
Farma

P.S C.Bayo i dont mean to piss on your fire but 2+3=5 buddy

bugger looks like your on there radar with car checks and mail checks better worry about your self and not my maths :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back