Licence Help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fessy4

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok so im about to send away for my reptile & amphibian licence. i live in Queensland and I had a few questions to ask before i did apply for one.
First of all, is the licence just a piece of paper? (just for curiosity)
Second: What is the log book for? I dont quite understand why i need one....
Third: Which application form is better?
Online:
https://www.epa.qld.gov.au/rwl/faces/jsp/login.jsp

Downloadable Print:
Recreational wildlife licence (birds, reptiles, amphibians) (Department of Environment and Resource Management)

What's the difference between those two, because the online application looks a lot easier to-do, and when i say easier i mean less hassle

Fourth! (almost forgot): How long do they take to process, and send it out to you?

if you can help me out, i would really appreciate it thanks in advance guys/girls.

Joe

Hi Joe,

To answer your first question yes the license is several pieces of paper attached together. Secondly the log book is to record every reptile or amphibian you have bought or are selling. Thirdly in my opinion I think it is better to print the form out, fill in all the details and fax it through to the processers, several minutes after you have faxed it through ring them up to make sure they have received it. Lastly it depends on how bussy they are but usually for the NSW reptile and amphibian license people it takes about 2-3 weeks!

Best of luck,
James

P:S: What species are you planning on buying?

hi :) im in nsw so dont know how different it is up there but i did mine online, the only bad thing about doing it online was i needed a credit card to pay. i had to borrow one :(

my licence took 5days to show up in the mail :)

If you do it over the net - you get your licence number within 1-24 hours ( via email ) you just need a credit card to do it...and they then send the licence (2 pieces of paper ) and record book out to you.

its very easy and soo much quicker than faxing or posting it....

Do it online, pay by credit card, they email you your license and you print it out yourself. They'll mail you the log book.

I have been researching a few species, pretty thoroughly as well, and I still think im gonna go with a Black and Gold Jungle Python. For some reason im looking forward to trying to tame its aggressive side. :D Also that's great info thank you so much, and a credit card isn't a problem, my mum takes the cash in full, and she will let me borrow it without a word :)

Takes about 2-3 weeks via mailGood on ya for getting one, enjoy the hobby

I applied for mine online it seemed way less effort and just got mum to pay with the credit card :p Once it was sent i got my licence in an email like 10 minutes later. the log book came in the post like a week later. this was for qld if its any help.
P.s. i got a jungle for my first and i think it was a good choice it gets you used to being bitten lol its givin me heaps of experience.
Cheers Tim

Do it online. Pay for it with a credit or debit card, they e-mail you your licence (just print it off) within 24 hours and then they mail your log book. It's a far better method for us (although proves they really don't care about policing reptile keeping at all).

I have been researching a few species, pretty thoroughly as well, and I still think im gonna go with a Black and Gold Jungle Python. For some reason im looking forward to trying to tame its aggressive side. :D Also that's great info thank you so much, and a credit card isn't a problem, my mum takes the cash in full, and she will let me borrow it without a word :)
Good on you - I did the same. Have had Moose for about 6 weeks now and he can be a little tempy at times (he zooms around his little tub if he's not happy with anything I'm doing (changing water, paper towel or getting him ready for handling) but he doesn't strike or bite, he just shoots across the floor really quickly the cranky thing) but once out of the tub (Click Clack) he's a pleasure; so he's just going to be a bit of a cage-defensive python I think.

But I TOTALLY know what you are talking about, I enjoy the challenge of not having a "puppy dog" snake... He demands my patience and respect and good luck to anyone who thinks they will just be able to grab him out of the enclosure one day - they may get a rude shock. Good on you fot picking a Jungle.

P.s. i got a jungle for my first and i think it was a good choice it gets you used to being bitten lol its givin me heaps of experience.
Cheers Tim
Jungles teach us to respect them and be patient. I'm really enjoying mine being an odd little creature!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back