Lighting For Carpets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenJM

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey, how are ya all?
I'm just checking up on lighting, if anyone could help I would like to know if lighting is essential for a Coastal Carpet Python? I was thinking of getting a Reptistar UVA/B flourescent tube for lighting, is this desirable?
Thanks alot.
Ben

Some people may tell you different but there is no need for UV lighting for Coastals. Just take him out in the sun for half an hour and he'll get more uv than he'll get in a week under one of dem sooper dooper lamps :)
JMO

Yeah, im with african. With the carpets being mostly nocturnal i dont think they would get much sunlight at night..lol. I just take mine out in the sun for about an hour a week and she seems to love it.

Hi,
thanks for your advice guys!
That's one item I now don't have to buy!!

if u do decide to buy 1 n the future buy a uv light from your local light store....example becon lighting.......you'll save a fortune and get the same results..........but no needed for cosstals........lizards <>'s etc

Brian at the Herp Shop sells your basic UV black light starting at around $14.

I have used these for my frogs and Diamonds for a number of years and have deduced that they are more than adequate for the task.

They are well down the list on the lighting page at http://www.herpshop.com.au

Brian at the Herp Shop sells your basic UV black light starting at around $14.

yep thats where i got mine from :D and they kinda make everything white do that trippy glow thing - but not quite as good as the proper purple ones :wink: :p

Actually.. carpets up here are best found early in the morning when they are basking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back