lights

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redline

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
just wanna no what ppl use 2 heat up there snakes cages like what kind of lights r used

i no that lol i wanna no what kind and what watts r used

I use reflector globes that you can buy from kmart. Extremely cheap at $3.50 each, if only for heat and light i wouldn't waste your money on the special reptile ones as they are alot more expensive. We use 60 watts for our bhp's, 100 watts for the monitors. We dont use thermostats as we control the ambient air temp with air con. The globes generally last at least 4 months so far.

reflector globes what color r they. in one cage it's 2ft i have 2 lights in it and my other cage it is 4ft i have 3 lights in it i use blue lights in it but wanna chage. i have snakes in both the cages i need something that last long time, is good price, should i use 40watts or 60 watts whats better

I have always used blue or red party globes in 25 watt for smaller enclosures and 40 watt for larger enclosures and have never had any problems health wise or breeding my pythons,I have never used thermostats in my enclosures.

so i can use red party globes but i need something that last long

Redline, just go to Woolies, Coles, Kmart etc and buy normal house globes or reflector globes. You can get them in clear or frosted and they give off yellowish light. This is what herpers use for their daylight heat. The wattage depends on the size of the cage. 40 watts will heat smaller cages and for the larger cages use 60-75watt globes. You should experiment to see which globes meet the needs of your animals. All globes need to be wired to a thermstat. Party globes dont last long. Get edison screw ceramic heat globes for night heat. They last years.

ok but i have the same heat 24/7 so can i change 2 edison screw ceramic heat globes where can i get them from

Herpshop supplies everything you would need. Some of my cages have the same heat day and night. I have 2 globes( house globe and ceramic) in each cage. They are both wired to 1 thermostat which is wired to 2 switches. I flick the daylight switch on in the morning and in the evening i switch the second switch on which cuts of the daylight heat and turns on the ceramic globe. This second switch is turned off in the morning and the daylight globe is immediately turned on.

thats what i wanna no what do ppl think of the OZ black ceramics 25,000 hour life

I havn't had a problem with mine, then again i STTILL havn't plugged it in :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back