limestone

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most limestone in the Territory is too old for macro fossils but there are some infill sites with crocs, diprotodons, etc. (the odd Darlyn, etc)

Nice! Sounds similar to most of the Kimberley Block, ancient reef systems.

Alas, the pink knickers have been retired.

I hope they're now hanging in a place of honor, or pressed in the pages of your diary?:).

Last edited by a moderator:
Still slumped over a dolphin skull next to the full page NT News headline "I DRANK MY OWN PISS TO SURVIVE" My bad. I need to get the appropriate frame. ha ha

Note: That's the knickers not me, although the night is young : )

LOL!! I had to log on again just to let you two know how funny you are; wish I was there!

Katherine is 9 stubbies : )

I also like the simple beer ordering system, 3 reds, 2 greens, 3 yellows and a couple of those water ones (light beer)

Last edited:
^^^Says the biggest hider since Sadam, holed up in their respective bunkers.
Made of limestone to stay on topic.

^^^Says the biggest hider since Sadam, holed up in their respective bunkers.
Made of limestone to stay on topic.

And who could blame him?!! Friday night, street parties next door and I'm on the computer...hiding. A few beers at home's good enough for us old timers.

OUCH!!...... now who left that piece of limestone laying there for me to trip over (just to stay on topic).

We've got a spare bedroom for Boris. you'll have to sleep on the balcony and watch the big fat tropical sun come up.

Grim Iknow but it's all we have.

Now I'm liking that:)! I think he'll need the air con more than me:)!! Anyone for a trip to Komodo?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not an old timer. I'm young, young, young!

*Okay maybe not.

No true... she's still driving a Torana through the Yarra Valley screaming get out of my way you bogons!

looks great does anyone know where to get geo maps.

looks great does anyone know where to get geo maps.

Depends where you are. In the NT the maps and explanatory book are free (to encourage exploration). Most of the significant finds up here are initially found by amatuers. They started charging $30 but no-one bought them and they put them out for free again.

Whatever the local equivalent of the Mining Dept is near you will have them. No idea on price. Alternately there may be geo maps in your library. Good luck, you end up finding much more than rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back