lizard sick?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mclar55

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys my 7-8 month old bearded dragon isnt himself lately. He is very unactive and hasnt been eating well. He is only eating if i hand feed him but turns his nose up at most things or will eat a little then stop eating. His gone grey around his nose and mouth area aswell, is this a sign of disease or sickness. He is 1 month older than the female but half the size, his quite skinny compared to her. She eats as much as she can as often as she can but the male doesnt.

the grey around the nose and mouth are probably ur beardy preparing to shed.

if theyre housed together id say the female is intimidating ur male and hes too stressed to eat, possibly also not getting enough heat to hasve a good appetite if she keeps pushing him off the basking area.

try seperating them and offering the male night time heat till hes looking better.

Yep, dragons can have quite complex social hierarchies, if one animal is or becomes dominant, the underdog/s can just fade away. In WA when keeping was introduced in 2003, lots of new & inexperienced dealers threw lots of w/c netted dragons in enclosures together, and most of them died. These are animals which guard their territories fiercely, and if they occupy a space with an incompatible cagemate, one may die.

Jamie.

She doesnt seem to be intimidating him. He kicks her off his climbing rock sometimes and he does show dominance. His log was a bit far from the heat lamp so ive moved it closer. He just never stays under the basking lamp when I put him there, just goes back to his log. I have a 100w heat lamp that is basically always on. Thanks for the help

Maybe he's slowing down for the winter, although a bit young, but it's still possible his instincts have set it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back