Look what I just found!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Reaction score
I just stepped outside to have a smoke (barefoot) and found this on my front verandah, my guess was brown, but it kinda looks like a Coastal Taipan too....what do ya reckon ven experts?

Attachments

• brown.jpg
    brown.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 276
  • brown2.jpg
    brown2.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 245
I dont know what it is but i would be staying clear of it and leaving him be!!!;)

Yeah ive got a big lens, after I saw him I stayed quite a distance back, he's moved on now, only prob is I dont know where.

wow. lucky you seen it. looks like some breed of brown to me, maybe a mulga we get heaps of browns around here we seen a 7 foot brown snake skin on my father in laws property the other day god knows where thesnake is.:DD:DD

Absolutely an Eastern Brown - some nice shots too...

I personally prefer them a bit further away than that, dont get me wrong they are beautiful creatures, but that's just a bit close.

mmm i love them and love seeing them but stepping on one wouldnt be fun lol

Yes, definately a brownie. Been alot around here in the last 2 weeks :)

As others have said, it's definitely an Eastern Brown Pseudonaja textilis. There has only been 3 confirmed Coastal Taipans found in NSW - it would be very exciting if you found one!

he is awsome put some shoes on next time though haha..i have heaps of venomous snakes around mine...i have found many browns a few RBBS and also some taipans too...although late last year i found a beautiful 8 foot coastal in a tree around our pool.

looks like some breed of brown to me, maybe a mulga we get heaps of browns around here we seen a 7 foot brown snake skin on my father in laws property the other day god knows where thesnake is.:DD:DD

Colinandbec, a mulga is a kind of black snake (Pseudochis australis), even though it's called a "king brown snake". Also, snake skin stretches, so the snake itself is probably not seven feet.

It's a very nice snake. Wish I got venomous snakes where I live. We've gotten a red belly, two muglas and three eastern browns (one a het juvenile that was about 30 cm long and had people panicking) at my school in the last two years, while I've only had one python, a couple of frogs and hundreds of toads in the last year at my house.

Where are you based notechistiger? There aren't many places where Red Bellies and Mulgas are sympatric, and what do you mean by a het Brown Snake?

very nice Eastern Brown, you will have to watch where u step wen u duck out for a smoke !!!!!! haha

I'm about 20-30 minutes West of Brisbane. I didn't see either mulga, but I was told by a herper friend that they were both mulgas. This happened within three days, so speculation is that they were the same snaIke.

I'm not sure if it's a proper term, but I (and a few others, I've learned) use the "term" to desribe a snake that lacks only a little black pigment, and is still typically coloured, but consists of much more white than usual. I think that a blonde spotted could be considered a het. Maybe, maybe not, I haven't researched blonde spotteds, so I wouldn't know.

~ notechistiger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back