Look what I just found!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have said, it's definitely an Eastern Brown Pseudonaja textilis. There has only been 3 confirmed Coastal Taipans found in NSW - it would be very exciting if you found one!

Hey Jonno,
last december I saw a snake that looked quite a bit like some pics of coastal's I have seen, it was very fast so i didn't get a real good look at the shape of its head, it was really a bright golden yellow colour with a sorta white coloured head, beautiful to look at. Who knows though.

This is what I was talking about, except it's not het, and yes, Dan19, it was hypopigmentation, as seen through this link:

http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Leucism

As I said before, I wasn't sure if it was a proper term, and what I should have said was that I never actually researched it. So, in a way, I sorted knew what I was talking about when I said "het", except it's hypopigmentation, and it's the reduction of all colour pigmentation, not just melanin.

That's interesting. I love the internet.

~ notechistiger.

Notechistiger,

This would mean you found a Mulga snake with pure white patches?...
Would be a rather rare find, in ANY species..

Or was it simply an animal with lighter markings?
Minus the mumbo-jumbo.... :)

hey mate nice snake you have found. and what type of camra did you use to take those shots

I saw a juvenile eastern brown snake that was a very pale yellow, had pinkish white markings on the head and neck (instead of the typical black/dark brown head/neck patch) and it had normal eye colour, which means it qualifies as an animal with hypopigmentation.

I saw a juvenile eastern brown snake that was a very pale yellow, had pinkish white markings on the head and neck (instead of the typical black/dark brown head/neck patch) and it had normal eye colour, which means it qualifies as an animal with hypopigmentation.

Sounds like it would qualify as a reasonably normal animal... from that description...
Any chance of a photo?

In much the same vain as any slightly light coloured carpet python being tagged hypomelanistic

Cheers
Matt.

No, this was almost two years ago now. However, it was no where near normal brown snake colouration. I don't think pale yellow and pinkish white qualify as a normal animal.

G'day notechistiger,

It seems we both live in the same area, and I can guarantee you that there is definitely no Mulga Snakes around here - you need to get across the Great Divide and down to about Moonie before you'll get them.

Great pics Charlie. We get E.Browns & Tigers in our aviaries. They don't seem to be aggressive, just doing their thing. I had a brown slide over my thonged foot when I was checking on some Ringneck babies in Nov & good mate found a big brown under the house a couple of seasons ago. Problem was he was at eye level to the snake, on his belly with no place to go:shock: !! He claims he had to go home after the encounter to change his jocks LOL :lol::lol:

Neighbourhood herpers, Jonno!

I'll just tell my friend that she was mistaken. Like I said, I wasn't there to witness the actual snake (wish I had). But anyways, thanks for telling me!

~ notechistiger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back