Look whats on my door right now

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont worry I was scared it would - its bigger than my hand spread out. Its HUGE.

Crikey frogs terrify me !! Not scared of anything else just frogs. Not a very logical phobia hey. That fella is cute though, I love the look of frogs, I think they are cute, just cant get near the little buggas.

OMG it's huge!
This is a pic of a friend's beardie which is (obviously) also gargantuan. We should set up some kind of mega-herp show down (Mecha Streisand vs. Robert Smith style) :D

Frogs don't worry me - I can pick them up etc. I just can't stand it when they jump on you when you're not expecting it! Hey Vat69 love the pic. - You'd think those would be more easily and commonly found wouldn't you!

Looks like a Giant Tree Frog - Litoria infrafrenata.

Here's a link for confirmation & more info.:-
http://frogsaustralia.net.au/frogs/display.cfm?frog_id=158

Does it have the also have a white white stripe along the lower lip extending back below the tympanum and another white stripe along the hind edge of the back legs :?:

Ari you in North Queensland? :lol:

I was just gonna ask if it was a white lip, sure looks like one to me.
Unfortunately the suburb I'm in is quite old and has no water nearby, therefore very few frogs :(
I did go for a drive last night and saw Litoria caerulea, Litoria gracilenta, Litoria xanthomera (I think), the biggest damn Mixophyes schevilli I've ever seen thought he was a toad at first and a few others that I dunno what they were. Unfortunately the camera is dead, so no pics, maybe it didn't happen?

The only frogs down in the mornington peninsular are just pretty much brown tree frogs,
I've got a bearded dragon

staffsrule said:
Crikey frogs terrify me !! Not scared of anything else just frogs. Not a very logical phobia hey. That fella is cute though, I love the look of frogs, I think they are cute, just cant get near the little buggas.

We hand feed them here, first time i did it i jumped cause you cant see when they are about to pounce. Unlike snakes you get a bit of warning. Now we let them take it (sometimes our fingers included) we love them as if we kept them enclosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back