looking for a frilled neck lizard in Melbourne

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxter

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

After some information reguarding a frilled neck lizard. Does anyone sell frilled neck lizards in melbourne? or anyone know where to get one from? :p

Start at the Melbourne Zoo. They can give you some information regarding frillies. Personally, I couldn't - wouldn't - keep one. They tend to sulk. Good luck though.

There is a good frilly care sheet on the Herp Shop web site. They do come up on the trader from time to time.

robs are great i have some from him and very happy with them :)

Thanks everyone.
I did go to the herptrader and their is none for sale at the moment.
So you would not reccomend a frilled neck lizard as they sulk? but are they friendley as i wanted to train it?

train it to be friendly, i don't want some biting lizard, as my small gibbsland water dragon bites already. must be a male thing. As the female is fine, and never bites.

Ive been keeping them for years now.

The main reason they sulk is that the dont like change, Once they are old enough to sex, set them up in their adult/permanent enclosure, dont change things around once they are settled and you will never have a problem.

With all honesty, in my opinion, the sulking thing is an old argument, its dates back to wild caught animals.
Multi gen captive bred animals seem to sulk a lot less (if at all).

Also, all mine get tong fed ( woodies and pinkies) and hand fed fruit (banana apple pear ect). This gets them used to interacting with you and they do tame up very well. In saying that, like all reptiles they can have bad days, and get moodie every now and then, when this happens leave them be for the day.
The next day give them a feed (by tongs) and they seem to chirp up again.

In my opinion, they are one of the best lizards you can keep.
They are an Australian icon and Ive had nothing but joy keeping mine.

Attachments

• A Biba munch.jpg
    A Biba munch.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 158
  • A Ruffles 2.5 yo.jpg
    A Ruffles 2.5 yo.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 201
  • A Ruffles pushing some out.jpg
    A Ruffles pushing some out.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 169
  • frill M 1.jpg
    frill M 1.jpg