Lump on Stimsons Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stencorp69

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was checking on my Stimson's this morning and noticed a lump on the female near the vent. I'm not sure if its an abscess or just me over obcessing. The pictures aren't that great, but any comments would be welcome.

not to sure to be honest but when was the last time she fed and has she crapt since then? also does it seem to be hard or soft? did it just happen over night?

She been cooling for 4 weeks and ate 29th April (had crapt on the 8th May). It would have happend in the last week as I give them a physical check each weekend while her and the male are cooling (they are both in together). She has a fairly stout body and skinny tail so it may not have been prominent earlier.

yer, sorry unfortionatly i have no idea your best bet would be to contact a vet.

I would consult a Vet, Our female stimsons had a lump in almost the same spot, then more appeared and red splotches and it turned out to be septicaemia which was treated with injections every day.

Yes doesn't look like a crap lump as it is only on the one side, could be septy as the Bouncy one said or even an abscess of some kind. I'd be taking her to the vet if it was me. Don't panic yet though as the more experienced keepers on here may have a much better idea than I do. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back