Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An umbrella cockatoo and a pink cockatoo (Im assuming you mean Major Mitchell's Cockatoo) are two completly different birds. You would be hard pressed to find an Umbrella in this country but I know that they do exist but only a handful of dedicated breeders keep them.

There is really no point comparing US prices with AUS prices because like with everything there is gunna be a great different and variation between the two countries.

Things are always much cheaper in the US...lucky buggers lol

one of the old choc's at work has homing pigeons and he enters them in comps and all the rest of it.
well anyway he paid $30,000 for some elite homing pigeon to come from the US. (alot for a bird, but apparently it flew all the way to amsterdam and back to america) and its been sitting in Australian customs for over 6 months now, and he does'nt even know if its still alive, so be careful if you get a bird from overseas.

An umbrella cockatoo and a pink cockatoo (Im assuming you mean Major Mitchell's Cockatoo) are two completly different birds. You would be hard pressed to find an Umbrella in this country but I know that they do exist but only a handful of dedicated breeders keep them.

There is really no point comparing US prices with AUS prices because like with everything there is gunna be a great different and variation between the two countries.

they dont get aussie animals cheaper an australian board-tailed gecko is $1000us

I just found a site that has galahs for $1500 ea or $2750 pr

i did the reserch when i wanted a bird i got an eclectus parrot for $800 its the best $800 iv ever spent my bird is great.

I would totally have to agree,I got my sisters Eclectus and since we have had him his speach has really come along, you can almost have a conversation with him, but they squark really loud when the want too.

Let's not forget that having a companion bird is like having a child.. you're only 11, too young to have kids IMO. ;)

I'm amazed we've got birds over here that sell for £1000's & you guys shoot them as pests !

emrald tree boa for $400us whitch is basicly a gtp but cheaper in amarica.

You dont want caninus, they get really ugly with age, they are very simular to viridis though....in the way that you have to prod them every now & then to make sure they havent died on you;)

Im sorry but no i was looking for a macaw and shipping anytime of bird to australia is not allowed trust me!

in america albino burese pythons are sometimes like 500 bucks i will find the link in a sec ok then u can look at there cheap prices

A Umbrella Cockatoo is not a Major Mitchell if is a different breed altogether and someone else talked about Hyacinth Macaws they start around $60k if you would like a Macaw pm me and you can also look at look at the site petbirdbuy.com.au

Thanks for all the help guys, ive decided not to go with a Macaw for our first bird, so we went to the petstore hoping to buy a parrot of some sort, but came home with an adorable baby budgie! He is already learning how to say Hello! =)

A Umbrella Cockatoo is not a Major Mitchell if is a different breed altogether and someone else talked about Hyacinth Macaws they start around $60k if you would like a Macaw pm me and you can also look at look at the site petbirdbuy.com.au

I didnt say they were the same...I said they are completely different.

Thanks for all the help guys, ive decided not to go with a Macaw for our first bird, so we went to the petstore hoping to buy a parrot of some sort, but came home with an adorable baby budgie! He is already learning how to say Hello! =)
Be careful with budgies i had them for years trust me they die easy, i remember the fright of a Chicken Hawk would kill them so i guess monitor them outside :p

if you trans port in from over seas it need mon ths in qurentine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back