makes me wonder..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
true true, at least there are no "l33t 5p34k3r5"(leet speak)

it is getting tense hear, ive giving up on being serious about this, ill still ask if i need help with something but I'm always hesitant to, for a few reasons,
1. dumb responses from people who have no clue
2. key bored hero's who think they can better my English
3. flamers and flame wars,
and often flames are for no legit reasons, i admit to being in its for giggles, but i feel some members cant handle a joke they run off to a mod and bang! infraction. or comments removed!, when they were hardly in violation at all.

no I'm only relay in it to be able to see the users pictures now, thats why i joined in the first place.
well thats my 2 bobs worth

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree with Kupper, the people i asked for advice when i joined are no longer here. Its disappointing as some of these people are brilliant. This site has changed heaps over the years and a huge turnover in personal. yes bitey it makes me wonder too.

I've only been on here for a year since getting my first animal, being only new to this herp caper (when does one cease to be, for want of a more mature word, a "newbie"?). However in that short time I've quickly learnt when to speak up & when to keep my trap shut, & which threads to avoid.

Being an older bloke (38yo) I find it frustrating reading nonsensical & childish posts filled with sms spelling, pointless & non-informative content, & issues that could quickly be answered by the original poster with a small amount of prior research.

There are still some very knowledgable people on here, & there are some threads that are gems in the mire. However if, as some of you people who've been on APS for a while have said, there are a lot of experienced members that are no longer active, then that's our loss.

ditto

I agree itbites.. personally I think most chit chat threads are basically all rubbish and it would be better to restrict forums on this site to strictly reptile related which is really what the site is meant to be about.

I agree with itbites

mmmm....what can be done about it ?

Cheers
Sandee :)

I am an aged herper who ufortunatly missed out on the spelling gene. Also my fat fingers do not always hit the key reqested, (my suspision is that this is a deliberate power play on my fingers behalf, in an attempt to make my brain look stoopid).

Love a good old chit chat, and the oportunity to mess with some dumb *** on site who asks really dumb questions. Mess with their logic and derail their thread with humor and witty observation.

So for the interest of the constipated:
What sort of tatto should I get
I am thinking of going yo Tasmania for a holiday. What should I take.
Can you keep Butterflies and Bison in the same enclosure.
Did anyone else spen seven hours watching all about nothing on tv YESTURDAY
What fully sick musik are yo listen'en too.
Where is the eff and eich on the keyboard.
If you could have any sort of gravel, what sort would you get.
Why dont yous people respond to my threads.
Those bleeping mod's have pinged me again.
My friends list is bigger than your friends list.

Time to go play in the real world, wearing my "I've got a big snake" T-shirt

Love and kisses

happy Happy Tinky

I hate to say it, but this site has become a disgrace. Back in 2004-2006 this site was excellent. There were a lot of older, wiser reptile keepers on here that everyone could learn from. But now they are gone, and we're left with inexperienced pre-pubescent little pukes, answering questions with bad guesses. It irritates the hell out of me. The glory days of APS are long gone, and only a dwindling few of us can remember them.

The entire time I've been a member here, I've done my best to remain civil. I've offered what I believe to be good advice, and I've kept my negative comments and opinions to myself. I sense this will soon change, for what do I have to lose on here?

I agree with itbites mmmm....what can be done about it ?

I've only been on here for a year since getting my first animal, being only new to this herp caper . However in that short time I've quickly learnt when to speak up & when to keep my trap shut, & which threads to avoid.

sandee I think tonksy has the answer there... most of us can recognise stupid, pointless threads.. if no one responds then they will quickly disappear and the people that persist in posting them will soon stop when no one responds to their rubbish.. but when people respond and keep the thread going it only makes this situation worse..

and I also feel that if there are decent threads with decent questions that the more experienced people will respond to help. also many people including myself PM people that ask intelligent questions with answers and do try and help people on this site. theres many threads also that have been done before and answers posted so I would urge people to do a search and try to find the answer they need before posting another similar thread.

If we want this site to be better its up to all us members to do something about it rather than just complain. thats why I am doing this moderators job.. not because I asked for it.. but because I was asked if I would do it.. and as its a job no one really wants (because your seen as a nazi etc) decided to do it to help the site..

If we can all do something to make the site run and function better it will be in the sites and the members (our) interests. maybe it starts by not posting stupid or pointless threads ? so I urge people to stop and think before posting threads and post etc. cheers

The glory days of APS are long gone, and only a dwindling few of us can remember them. The entire time I've been a member here, I've done my best to remain civil. I've offered what I believe to be good advice, and I've kept my negative comments and opinions to myself.

nick.. maybe its up to the more experienced members that are left on here to try and do something about this then? How about doing a diamond python care sheet wikki mate? I know your very experienced in this area and theres so many questions and misconceptions about diamonds.. Something of a summary of your article in one of the reptile mags would be great. if and when you have the time please mate. :D

If everyone makes an effort to do something for the site to improve it them maybe people wouldnt be complaining so much about it? The site is what we make of it.. and even by not posting stupid threads and posts it would be helping improve the site, so please guys.. how about decreasiong the stupid threads and only posting something worthwhile? thanks.

i have only been a member here for a couple of years now but i have been visiting the site for the past four or five and reading articles. and would agree that the content has gone down hill.
alot of the new herpers that seem to be coming out of the wood work do not feel to do some back up reading before asking questions which i feel is a dam shame because the best information i have ever gathered for my self has come from just a few books.
but with this all said the purpose of this site is so keepers and breeders can share information and stories and yes you are always going to get the dribble coming through but they will not last because the reptile industry will just be a passing fad to most and not a long standing commitment like some.
but without the young blood coming through and just a few old farts complaining about young wippersnappers this industry would soon die out.

p.s. serpentounge. loved that article on the diamonds very good.

If we were all the same in personality, how boring life would be ...
You will never get along with everyone ,there are people out there, that will not like you, no matter if you have given them a reason not to or just simply cant stand the sight or (on here the name of you ...)

Some people will give comments wrapped in cottonwool as to not offend the person that has put up the thread ...
Some are more direct and blunt and actually say what the cottonwool typer would have loved to have said but didnt ....
Some are actually quite amusing with their blunt posts ...
Difference of opions will always be ....the only time it should really be of concern is ,when advise that is given can be detrimental to that reptiles living /health, because of bad advise ...otherwise its just a beg to differ on that subject matter ...
Some young people have got alot of wit and up there with giving out good information so its not an age thing at all ....
and spelling doesnt really bother me ..I usually get the meaning of what has been asked or said ...
I dont do to well on the 'FRUITLOOPS' ...and yes we get them every now and then .. :)

I like chit chat I find it funny most times ,interesting other times ..so I wouldnt want it gone ;)

great idea having caresheets in a section, the problem is if people dont have the ability to search past threads, will they be able to find the caresheets?

i think its quite hillarous/annoying (depending on my mood, lol)seeing 1 person post the same thread 5 times in 1 days and seeing 5 lots of bad advice given by teh 1 replier,...
maybe if the search button was big and red with a smiley face in it people would start using it instead of filling the forum with useless dribble,.. ?

great idea having caresheets in a section, the problem is if people dont have the ability to search past threads, will they be able to find the caresheets?

Go to Wikki > Home > Articles > Caresheets

at the Articles section you can also go to > Reptile Information - for some information

Some of the members on this site really make me wonder..

I mean I'm writing this in chit chat because thats exactly what it is,

unrelated to reptiles or anything of importance but,

some of the responses to reptile threads of late lead me to believe

that some people are either smoking pot or just plain retarded.

I don't know maybe their just young & thats how young people are these days,

but I tell you what it's frustrating to say the least :|

Anywho thats my rant :evil::p

Responses to reptile threads?
Do you mean, totally wrong information?
Their spelling , grammar etc?
If it is totally wrong information, examples?
Is the totally wrong information because it is not what works for you????
I am just curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes me wonder if half the people who replied to this thread have read back over some of there own posts, get over yourselves your probably not the great herpetologist you think you are, And if you don't like the forum anymore stop using it and start a new one. IT'S YOUR CHOICE

There has been many a time when I was about to start a new thread or post and then decided to click the 'back' button.... I personally think reptile keeping is more reliant on experience of the person concerned rather than his/her knowledge gained from research although both are important. Of the former I have very little so if I decide to give any advice (or answer a q) I normally refer to something I've read and make sure I point out the fact that this answer is derived from a material I read rather than experience.

I myself find it annoying to see al the posts that give answers that are clearly wrong, but then again if I comment I would be no better than the one who posted the wrong information because I'm relying on a book/article and not on experience. The sad thing is that maybe other people who are experienced on the subject simply do not post because they may not be up to having to argue with some mindless fool or a whole group of mindless fools....

-Will

Yes simple, instead of complain about this site, use another. Its not going to get you anywhere. Maybe there should be a meeting, with tea and crackers, so there can be a sook session about the society today.

The thing I don’t like is the attitude of others sometimes, it’s fine to know what you’re talking about but when some people get nasty and treat others like idiots, well that just aint my bag baby. And some of the nastiness seems more due to the simple fact the person just WANTS to be nasty and nothing more. Just presuming someone is an idiot and the whole ‘use your common sense and look it up on the net instead of being so damn lazy’. Seriously. There is nothing wrong with being nice occasionally, and instead of complaining about people wasting space by asking a question they can look up, heed your own advice and don’t waste space by being nasty.
None of that is directed at anyone in particular, but the only thing more tiring than stupid questions is stupid answers., and if you see a thread you don’t like there is a very simple solution to your problem- don’t look at it. Because when one person gets an attitude we all have to deal with it. It’s not fun reading through pages of bitterness just to find one answer.
We can all live together without the continual fighting. Love, don’t hate, LOVE.

The thing I don’t like is the attitude of others sometimes, it’s fine to know what you’re talking about but when some people get nasty and treat others like idiots, well that just aint my bag baby. And some of the nastiness seems more due to the simple fact the person just WANTS to be nasty and nothing more. Just presuming someone is an idiot and the whole ‘use your common sense and look it up on the net instead of being so damn lazy’. Seriously. There is nothing wrong with being nice occasionally, and instead of complaining about people wasting space by asking a question they can look up, heed your own advice and don’t waste space by being nasty.
None of that is directed at anyone in particular, but the only thing more tiring than stupid questions is stupid answers., and if you see a thread you don’t like there is a very simple solution to your problem- don’t look at it. Because when one person gets an attitude we all have to deal with it. It’s not fun reading through pages of bitterness just to find one answer.
We can all live together without the continual fighting. Love, don’t hate, LOVE.
Totally agree.
And I would add, don't be vicious in your post because you haven't accurately read the original question in the first place....I came across this just today. It just makes you look a fool....

Last edited:
Yeah I know, its like, who cares if your snake or lizard is a lesbian, I wouldn't care.. yet they go on about it as if its a big deal.
Seriously, I really get angry at those people, and the people who feed their painted dragons
to snakes and stuff like that, its like, out of the question you know.

I am an aged herper who ufortunatly missed out on the spelling gene. Also my fat fingers do not always hit the key reqested, (my suspision is that this is a deliberate power play on my fingers behalf, in an attempt to make my brain look stoopid).

Love a good old chit chat, and the oportunity to mess with some dumb *** on site who asks really dumb questions. Mess with their logic and derail their thread with humor and witty observation.

So for the interest of the constipated:
What sort of tatto should I get
I am thinking of going yo Tasmania for a holiday. What should I take.
Can you keep Butterflies and Bison in the same enclosure.
Did anyone else spen seven hours watching all about nothing on tv YESTURDAY
What fully sick musik are yo listen'en too.
Where is the eff and eich on the keyboard.
If you could have any sort of gravel, what sort would you get.
Why dont yous people respond to my threads.
Those bleeping mod's have pinged me again.
My friends list is bigger than your friends list.

Time to go play in the real world, wearing my "I've got a big snake" T-shirt

Love and kisses

happy Happy Tinky

LOL your post reminded me of David Thorne :) wait, am i now going to be yelled at for adding something that is not in relation to the topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back