Marble childerns python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if there were two versions of the email but the one which I got from Simon (SXR) had no mention of price.

From the email

'We haven't decided on a final price or how we will structure the sale yet. There has been some suggestion of one person buying the whole project, but I think this is unlikely. Others have asked if they could buy a small colony to ensure success. However it is done, I'd like to see the project successful and to watch how this form evolves over time.'

I know the Stone's won't be giving them away because they are aware of the potential worth of such a breeding group. Good luck to them if they get the triple figure amount previously posted it would make a good addition to anyones retirement nest egg.
With this in mind I know that a pair will be out of my reach for some years to come.

Cheers
Octane

The second one in the images was my liking,...that is alot of brass but a gorgeous project. Good luck to whomever's person/s/parties get to have a crack at it :)

That is the email that we received. No mention of price. Serious buyers could enquire though.

I don't know if there were two versions of the email but the one which I got from Simon (SXR) had no mention of price.

From the email

'We haven't decided on a final price or how we will structure the sale yet. There has been some suggestion of one person buying the whole project, but I think this is unlikely. Others have asked if they could buy a small colony to ensure success. However it is done, I'd like to see the project successful and to watch how this form evolves over time.'

I know the Stone's won't be giving them away because they are aware of the potential worth of such a breeding group. Good luck to them if they get the triple figure amount previously posted it would make a good addition to anyones retirement nest egg.
With this in mind I know that a pair will be out of my reach for some years to come.

Cheers
Octane

This is what was sent. and where everyone is getting the price value from.
Hi everyone,

this email is going out to all the people that have expressed a desire to buy some of the Marble Childrens. Firstly, let me apologise if you have emailed me or tried to call me and I haven't responded. I received so many emails/calls that I thought it best just to write to everyone showing an interest and explain what I am thinking.

Virtually everyone has written and asked for prices and a large number have expressed their desire to buy a specific combination of hets/marbles etc. The reason I didn't include price is that I honestly haven't made up my mind. I'm actually finding it hard to part with them and really want to see the project evolve successfully. Also, there are nowhere near as many babes as are needed to go around and I have to work out how I'm going to group them.

My preference is to sell the project as a whole. It really needs another year to grow through the existing babes further, sex the hatchlings, put the adult hets together to breed again and start to cross the marbles to other morphs. As you all know by now, Diane and I are trying to retire from breeding and from being tied to a huge collection that makes taking 3 days off together a major logistical affair. So far, I've had three approaches from groups interested in taking the whole project over as one. If anyone else is interested, they should contact me by email and let me know ASAP. The investment will have 6 digits, so you'll need to be very serious. When I first came across the snake, I offered $50k for it immediately without knowing if it was fertile, if it was due to a single gene or even if the gene was true breeding. Its come a long way in the 5 years since then.

If no one is able to buy the whole project, then I will decide how I'm going to break up the marbles and offer the snakes with appropriate pricing. I intend to do this next week. So, I ask all the eager buyers to please be patient. I'll keep you informed as things unfold.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards Simon

It would make for an interesting talk with the bank manager lol "so you telling me you want $100000 to buy snakes? DENIED"

There were a few people who expressed interest in the whole collection, so it ended up being auctioned to the highest bidder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back